Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
Join us in tackling healthcare for rural America! We’re seeking an Actuarial Analyst who is passionate about having positive societal impact, and for using technology for good – solving issues of health inequity for communities that have been perennially underserved.
You’ll join our data and analytics team and be a strong support to the actuarial function – driving analysis on cost of care, forecasting, and value-based contracts.
What You'll Do
- Create detailed actuarial and financial models
- Use analyses to identify opportunities for the organizations to expand and grow
- Collect, clean, and organize datasets from various sources to support analyses
- Create reports to present data analysis using data visualization tools
- Support ongoing contract performance analysis, including actuarial IBNR, accruals, and settlements related to value-based contracts
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify highest-priority research questions, analyze relevant data, and generate actionable insights that enable improvement
- Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices in data analysis and reporting
- Provide guidance and support to other team members in data analysis and reporting
What You Bring
- 1+ years of experience in actuarial work; healthcare preferred
- Passed a minimum of two actuarial exams
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with analytics tools such as SQL, R or Python
- Collaborative spirit and ability drive analyses with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to zoom in with attention to detail and also zoom out to see the big picture
- Strong communicator of questions, challenges, opportunities, and results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with value-based care
- Experience with Medicare Advantage and MA Bids
- Experience with medical claims, lab data, EMR data, and clinical data
What Shapes Our Company
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on the sustainability of our business and scalability of our services to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!
- Competitive salary, equity grant
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
- Flexible working arrangement
Salary: $75,000 - $95,000 annually. Salary is based on qualifications, experience, skillset, and location.
At Homeward, a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you have yet to gain experience in the areas detailed above, we hope you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Homeward is an affirmative action and equal opportunity, employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Homeward is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.