Licensed Practical Nurse - Alexandria, Minnesota (Hybrid)
Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
We seek a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse who is passionate about helping people in rural communities throughout Alexandria, Minnesota, and surrounding counties.
Homeward offers unique career opportunities that underscore our vision and values, recognizing what matters most to our clinical team – time with their patients. Our care delivery model and value-based arrangements are designed to minimize administrative burden and optimize professional satisfaction, and we offer a unique combination of benefits, compensation, and rewards that are highly valued by our employees, including generous cash compensation (base + incentive), equity grants, tuition and student loan repayment, workplace flexibility, and numerous other tangible and intangible benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Competitive salary and possible equity grant
- Sign-on bonus and ongoing bonus opportunities
- Relocation and travel reimbursement
- Loan repayment support
- Company-sponsored 401k plan + match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Malpractice insurance and tail coverage provided
- Clinical guidelines and comprehensive training provided
- PT and Flexible schedules
- Annual CE and licensing fees reimbursement available
What You'll Do:
- Initiate communication with patients on completing pre-appointment requirements (e.g., registration forms, lab tests, x-ray, etc.)
- Initiate encounters with patients to prepare for the visit; coordinates patient flow with virtual encounters in preparation for the visit, gather and document pertinent data (vitals, medications, allergies) from the patient, and enter information into the medical record
- Maintain complete and accurate patient records by documenting chief complaints and conditions, verifying medical history, allergies, medications, vitals, and all patient interactions and treatments administered
- Perform basic procedures and tests
- Facilitate the processing of prescriptions by performing a complete review of medications with the patient and updating the medication list with changes as appropriate
- Administer appropriate immunizations and injections utilizing MCIR when appropriate.
- Set up patient rooms for mobile clinic visits, set up the necessary equipment, instruments, supplies, and cleaning as appropriate
- Assists providers with examination, treatment, and basic procedures as necessary
What You Bring:
- Completion of a nursing program from an accredited program or school
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Licensed/eligible to practice in the United States
- Passion for delivering care in rural America
- Experience working on a small, fast-paced team is a plus
- Experience working with connected devices/loT is a plus
- Experience with medical or health data is a plus
- Experience with various EHR platforms (Epic, Cerner, Athena, etc.)
What Shapes Homeward:
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to provide care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on the sustainability of our business and scalability of our services to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!