Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
Join us in tackling healthcare for rural America! We’re seeking a Credentialing Specialist who is passionate about having a positive societal impact, and using technology for good – solving issues of health inequity for communities that have been perennially underserved.
You’ll be responsible for leading provider licensing, credentialing, and contracting across federal, state, and health plans. As a member of our centralized Operations team, you will work closely with our in-market teams and cross-functionally with other centralized teams. You will drive process improvement and support efficiency and impact as we grow and scale. In addition, you will provide operational support for key initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Drive all provider licensing, credentialing, and in-network contracting for Homeward providers
- Develop licensing, credentialing, and contracting workflows and processes as we scale our clinical
team across multiple states
- Maintain databases of required licenses, certifications, in-network contract status, and credentials
- Manage Homeward’s provider roster to mitigate risks associated with growth, drive efficiency, and
advance proactive monitoring and action related to licensing, credentialing, and contracting
- Monitor and communicate status, plans, and barriers related to operational processes and
deliverables to stakeholders and drive solutions to overcome challenges
What You Bring
- 2+ years of licensing, credentialing, and contracting experience with a variety of provider types: MD,
DO, PA, RN, allied health providers, and behavioral health
- In-depth knowledge of regulations, requirements, and procedures related to Medicare licensing,
credentialing, and health plan contracting
- Experience with credentialing management system
- Highly detail-oriented: you routinely catch the little things that others miss or overlook
- Exceptional communication skills to support work with different groups of stakeholders and
communicate process and progress to the organization
- Experience with credentialing in a health technology organization
- Experience with Medicaid, Commercial, and ACA lines of business
- Experience with primary care credentialing
- Strong process and project management skills, including use of enabling tools and software
What Shapes Our Company
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on the sustainability of our business and scalability of our services to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!
- Competitive salary, equity grant
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
- Flexible working arrangement
Salary: $75,000 - $90,000 per year
At Homeward, a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you have yet to gain experience in the areas detailed above, we hope you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Homeward is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Homeward is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.