VP, Centralized Operations (Hybrid)
Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
Join us in tackling healthcare for rural America! We’re seeking a VP of Centralized Operations who is passionate about having a positive societal impact and using technology for good – solving issues of health inequity for communities that have been perennially underserved.
You’ll be responsible for centralized business operations, with the goals of supporting value-based care and operational performance across multiple markets and driving efficiency at scale. In addition to collaborating with centralized enablement functions to ensure success, you will partner closely with in-market teams to ensure our members and clients are reaping the benefits of this work. You will shape the direction of the company as a leader ensuring our solutions are delivered with operational excellence.
What You'll Do
- Lead metrics-driven, end-to-end centralized operations that balance support for local markets to achieve performance goals while driving efficiency at scale across markets
- Build the foundation and playbook that drives operational efficiency, process excellence, and performance improvement across multiple value-based care levers
- Drive company-wide process and approaches related to client implementation, performance monitoring, and continuous improvement in operations
- Identify when key operational functions should transition to centralized, based on scaling factors (number of markets, members, collaborating providers) and opportunities for efficiency, and lead the transition
- Partner with centralized functions such as Analytics & Data Science, Solutions & Technology, and Clinical Quality & Strategy to translate complex clinical challenges into operational solutions
- Lead Member Services team to deliver exceptional member and provider experience across scheduling, referral, medical records management, and coordination with other providers
What You Bring
- 5+ years of hands-on business operations experience within a healthcare setting, specifically within a value-based care organization
- Additional, demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas: health care customer service, total cost of care management, network management, clinical quality, Star Ratings, risk adjustment, or process improvement
- A strong metrics-driven approach, with a clear process for assessing performance, pilot testing solutions, tracking improvement, and scaling high-impact solutions.
- Experience in scaling clinical operations across unique markets, with a focus on outcomes, efficiency, and compliance
- Ability to navigate complex operational problems, appropriately simplify and communicate the understanding of the problem across functions and levels of the organization, propose and gain buy-in for solutions, and implement solutions
- Experience in a high-growth, rapidly-scaling organization
- Experience with technology-enabled provider models
- Experience with Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, and/or ACA health plan lines of business
What Shapes Our Company
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on sustainability of our business and scalability of our services, to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!
- Competitive salary, equity grant, generous paid time off
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
Salary: $185,000 - $225,000 annually. Salary is based on qualifications, experience, skillset, and location.
At Homeward, a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you have yet to gain experience in the areas detailed above, we hope you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Homeward is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Homeward is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.