Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
Join us in tackling healthcare for rural America! We’re seeking a Software Engineer to be a key contributor to our Engineering team who is passionate about having positive societal impact and using technology for good - solving issues of health inequity for communities that have been perennially underserved. As a Software Engineer, on our Homeward Navigation team, you’ll work shoulder to shoulder with your engineering peers and partner closely with our product, design and data teams to build world-class solutions and help us re-architect health and care starting in rural America.
What you’ll do:
- Write high-quality code and corresponding automated tests across the entire tech stack in a cross functional team to build end-to-end features.
- Collaborate with engineering peers, design and product management to foster a collaborative team culture that encourages innovation, knowledge sharing, and continuous learning
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other approaches
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve complex debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Contributing to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates
What you bring:
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience in a healthcare setting
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience building applications end-to-end with React + NextJS in a cloud environment
- You have real-world experience working with data in FHIR and HL7 standards
- You have a healthy understanding of security and PHI, especially where it interacts with HIPAA regulations.
What shapes our company:
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity, and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on sustainability of our business and scalability of our services, to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce, with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!
- Competitive salary, equity grant, unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
- Flexible working arrangement