Homeward RN Care Navigator Lead - Alexandria, Minnesota (Hybrid)
Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
Join us in tackling healthcare for rural America! We’re seeking a full-time Homeward RN Care Navigator Lead who is passionate about having a positive societal impact and using technology for good – solving issues of health inequity for communities throughout Alexandria, Minnesota, and surrounding counties that have been perennially underserved.
You’ll be responsible for working with Homeward members and their primary care physicians to achieve their best health. You’ll conduct proactive telephonic, video, and in-person outreach to build relationships with members and connect them with services they need, both clinical and beyond, and address gaps in their care. You will deeply understand the local community and use your expertise to advance members’ health.
Homeward offers unique career opportunities that underscore our vision and values, recognizing what matters most to our clinical team – time with their patients. Our care delivery model and value-based arrangements are designed to minimize administrative burden and optimize professional satisfaction, and we offer a unique combination of benefits, compensation, and rewards that are highly valued by our employees, including generous cash compensation (base + incentive), equity grants, tuition and student loan repayment, workplace flexibility, and numerous other tangible and intangible benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Competitive salary and possible equity grant
- Sign-on bonus and ongoing bonus opportunities
- Relocation and travel reimbursement
- Loan repayment support
- Company-sponsored 401k plan + match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Malpractice insurance and tail coverage provided
- Clinical guidelines and comprehensive training provided
- PT and Flexible schedules
- Annual CE and licensing fees reimbursement available
What You'll Do
- Maintain a member panel of seniors located within a specific set of counties
- Develop personalized care plans for members that incorporate member goals and Homeward best practices
- Conduct assessments, check-ins, and/or visits with members telephonically, virtually, in-clinic, and/or in-home on a regular basis
- Collaborate with members’ primary care providers and their teams to ensure cohesive care
- Build for scale by identifying and maintaining a list of community resources and contacts to meet our members’ needs
- Support other Homeward Navigators in maintaining member panels within the same geography
What You Bring
- Clinical certification such as Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Community Health Worker (CHW), or similar
- At least 2 years of experience in high-touch, patient-facing roles, preferably with seniors
- Expertise with the local community, geography, culture, healthcare ecosystem, and available resources
- Demonstrated proficiency with EHRs and other technology that supports outreach
- Empathy and ability to persuade members to take actions that support their health
- Previous experience with care navigation
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
What Shapes Homeward:
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to provide care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on the sustainability of our business and scalability of our services to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!
At Homeward, we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in the areas detailed above, we hope you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Homeward is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Homeward is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.