Practice Manager - Vermont
Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
We are seeking a Full Time Practice Manager who is passionate about helping people in their local Vermont communities.
- Establish and implement effective workplace procedures and policies to reflect company goals
- Ensure policies and best practices are up to industry standards and government regulations are met
- Assist with hiring, training, and monitoring administrative staff; provide staff with periodic assessments and feedback as required for compliance
- Supervise daily practice operations such as billing, security, and occupational health and safety
- Identify opportunities for training and development for staff and providers and help organize curricular training
- Monitor the inventory for medications and medical equipment and organize for resupply
- Interact with patients and address their complaints
- Coordinate regular staff meetings and performance reviews
- Organize staff and provider daily, weekly and monthly schedules
- Coordinate on-site, in-person care with local partners and vendors
- Financial reporting, budgeting and tracking experience and skills
- Collaborate with Physicians and other Homeward managers to develop business strategies and patient services
- 5+ years experience managing a medical practice
- Able to manage people and create a work environment that allows staff to thrive
- Improve patient flow so it is efficient and seamless
- Assess and respond to patient issues/complaints as needed
- Experience working on a small fast-pace team is a plus
- Experience working with connected devices/loT is a plus
- Experience with medical or health data is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications as well as a number of other practice management related software
- Experience with various EHR platforms (Epic, Cerner, Athena, etc)
What Shapes Homeward:
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to provide care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity, and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on sustainability of our business and scalability of our services, to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce, with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Competitive salary and possible equity grant
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
- Generous paid time off
- Training provided
At Homeward, we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Homeward is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Homeward is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.