Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Vermont
Homeward is a technology-enabled healthcare provider delivering quality, affordable and comprehensive care to those who don’t have it. Starting in rural America. Today, 60 million Americans living in rural communities are facing a crisis of access to care. In the U.S. healthcare system, rural Americans experience significantly poorer clinical outcomes. This trend is rapidly accelerating as rural hospitals close and physician shortages increase, exacerbating health disparities. In fact, Americans living in rural communities suffer a mortality rate 23 percent higher than those in urban communities, in part because of the lack of access to quality care.
Our vision is care that enables everyone to achieve their best health. So, we’re rearchitecting the way it’s delivered – leveraging breakthroughs in diagnostics, remote monitoring, and a variety of other domains, Homeward is creating a new healthcare delivery model that is purpose-built for rural America and directly addresses the issues that have historically limited access and quality.
Most importantly, we’re aligning everyone’s incentives (ours, partner health plans’, and members’) towards getting and keeping people healthy by taking full responsibility and financial risk for the total cost of each member’s healthcare and outcomes.
Homeward is co-founded by a leadership team that defined and delivered Livongo’s products, and backed most recently by a $50 million series B co-led by Arch Ventures and Human Capital, with participation from General Catalyst for a total of $70 million in funding. With this leadership team and funding, Homeward is committed to bringing high-quality healthcare to rural communities in need.
We seek a Full Time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant passionate about helping people in their local Vermont communities.
- Function both independently and under physician supervision
- This position will be a combination of in-person and virtual care with onsite support staff and full front and back office staff support
- Some travel to rotating clinical sites within your region
- Provide care to adult patients in an outpatient setting
- Routine physical exams and wellness visits
- Manage new and follow-up patients
- Management of chronic disease
- Respond to patients’ medical issues as needed
- Order necessary diagnostic tests and refer to specialists as needed
- Assess diagnostic test results and form treatment plans/strategies
- Discuss and explain treatment(s) and medication(s) thoroughly with patients, advising of all side effects and making sure all allergy information is current before prescribing any medication or treatment
- Advise patients on lifestyle and diet changes to improve outcomes
- Address any other health issues that arise
- Minor surgical procedures and wound care
- Screening and vaccinations as per current guidelines
- Follow all departmental policies and procedures
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Completed a degree from an accredited program
- Licensed/eligible to practice in the United States
- Board certified or eligible
- Vermont medical license in good standing
- Active DEA
- Passion for delivering care in rural America
- Experience working on a small, fast-paced team is a plus
- Experience working with connected devices/loT is a plus
- Experience with medical or health data is a plus
- Experience with various EHR platforms (Epic, Cerner, Athena, etc.)
What Shapes Homeward:
- Deep commitment to one another, the people and communities we serve, and to provide care that enables everyone to achieve their best health
- Individuals who are diligent, self-motivated, and driven to exceed mediocrity
- Compassion and empathy
- Curiosity and an eagerness to listen
- Drive to deliver high-quality experiences, clinical care, and cost-effectiveness
- Strong focus on the sustainability of our business and scalability of our services to maximize our reach and impact
- Nurturing a diverse workforce with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view
- Taking our mission and business seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously– having fun as we build!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees
- Competitive salary and possible equity grant
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Malpractice insurance and tail coverage provided
- Clinical guidelines and training provided
- Annual CME and licensing fees reimbursement available
At Homeward, a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you have yet to gain experience in the areas detailed above, we hope you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Homeward is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Homeward is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.