Software Engineering, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Here at Hometap, we’re collaborative, passionate, and always ready to roll up our sleeves to create solutions that help people get more out of homeownership — and out of life. Our first product, a home equity investment, gives homeowners the opportunity to quickly access the equity they’ve built in their home to pay for what’s most important to them, from handling debt to finally making much-needed renovations, without taking on debt.
We work hard, and have some fun along the way, too. You don’t have to take our word for it: The Boston Globe and Comparably have recognized us as a great place to work, and we’ve been honored for our commitment to innovation in the fintech space by BostInno, HousingWire, and more!
In case you need any more convincing, we also provide competitive compensation, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a generous share package, and a strong culture with plenty of opportunities for team-building and camaraderie.
Interested in joining us on our mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible? We’d love to talk.
Who You Are:
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our data team. As a Data Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our data infrastructure, ensuring accurate and efficient data processing and analysis. Your expertise in SQL, Snowflake, Python, and Java will be instrumental in developing robust data pipelines and optimizing data workflows within the home equity investment domain. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our organization by leveraging your technical skills and financial acumen.
What You'll Do:
- Data Infrastructure Development: Design, build, and maintain scalable and reliable data pipelines and infrastructure, ensuring data integrity, quality, and availability.
- Data Modeling and Architecture: Collaborate with data architects and stakeholders to develop efficient data models and data integration strategies that align with the organization's financial goals and objectives.
- ETL Processes: Develop, optimize, and monitor Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes to enable seamless data integration and transformation from various sources into our data warehouse.
- Data Validation and Cleansing: Implement data validation and cleansing techniques to identify and resolve data quality issues, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of financial data.
- Performance Optimization: Continuously improve the performance and efficiency of data processing workflows, including query optimization, indexing strategies, and data partitioning techniques.
- Data Governance and Security: Ensure compliance with data governance policies, industry regulations, and best practices for data privacy and security within the finance industry.
- Collaboration and Documentation: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including data analysts, data scientists, and business stakeholders, to understand data requirements, provide technical support, and document data processes and standards.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting: Monitor data pipelines, proactively identify and resolve data-related issues, and troubleshoot any system failures or performance bottlenecks.
- Stay Up-to-Date: Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to data engineering, finance, and regulatory compliance.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. A Master's degree in a relevant discipline is a plus.
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Data Engineer, ideally in the finance industry or a related domain.
- Strong proficiency in SQL, with expertise in writing complex queries, stored procedures, and optimizing query performance.
- Extensive experience with Snowflake or other cloud-based data warehousing platforms, including designing and managing large-scale data structures and optimizing data processing workflows.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python and Java, with experience in building and maintaining data pipelines and ETL processes.
- Familiarity with data modeling and database design principles, including star and snowflake schemas, normalization, and denormalization techniques.
Hometap is on a mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our home equity investment product provides homeowners with a fast, simple, and straightforward way to access the equity in their home without taking out a loan or having to sell. By investing alongside homeowners, Hometap offers debt-free cash in exchange for a share of their home’s future value — all without any monthly payments or interest over the life of the investment. Through a combination of financial innovation and best-in-class customer service, Hometap enables people to get more from homeownership so they can get more from life.
Hometap believes that our differences are what bring us together, and one of our biggest priorities is creating a diverse workplace that welcomes and values each team member’s unique perspective, background, and ideas. All roles here are filled based solely on candidates’ qualifications and our business needs.
Hometap is based in Boston, but will consider remote work for this position; however, the position must be performed in the United States entirely outside of Colorado.
See more open positions at Hometap
Something looks off?