Head of Payroll Transfers
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. All Gusto roles posted in these metro areas come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- San Francisco Office Metro: San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, CA & San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA Metropolitan Statistical Areas
- Denver Office Metro: Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York City Office Metro: New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
Symmetry, Gusto’s subsidiary, has a physical office in Scottsdale. All Symmetry roles posted in this metro area come with the expectation of working from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week.
- Scottsdale Office Metro: Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Areas
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable and consistent internet connection is required.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools.
Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Head of Payroll Transfers (PT) is responsible for ensuring new customers can migrate their existing payroll and HR information into our People Platform efficiently.
You will oversee team strategy and metric performance, partnering on decisions across infrastructure, personnel, process, and work prioritization. This role would represent PT at a senior level within the organization and be the expert within the company for Payroll Transfer resource strategy, best practices, innovation, and insight.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Empower and continue building a team of high-performing solution engineers
- Develop and implement performance management strategies and processes to drive team effectiveness
- Engage cross-functionally and provide data-based recommendations tailored to each route to market.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and high-performance within the onboarding organization
- Analyze and optimize onboarding processes based on performance metrics and customer feedback.
- Develop and refine onboarding strategies to ensure efficiency and customer success
- Collaborate with senior leadership across teams including Marketing, Sales, Product, and Vendor Management to align onboarding strategies with overall business goals and address customer-specific requirements.
What you’ll need:
- You’re able to partner strongly with cross-functional teams to drive results
- Ability to align onboarding strategies with overall business goals.You have a track record of executing and delivering high quality work against complexities and limited resources
- You have strong communication and presentation skills, ability to distill complex, technical payroll tax jargon into everyday language to different audiences
- You’re able to document business rules and technical processes into logical steps, structures and diagrams
- Capacity to apply a strategic lens to their work and ensure the team is meeting objectives and delivering timely results
- Proven track record of success in managing, leading, and motivating teams
- Has in-depth understanding of workforce productivity and methodologies and a strong background in data-driven decision-making
- 8+ years of leadership experience/Track record of leading successful teams
- 5 years experience working with CRMs & telephony platforms
- Exp with offshore teams is a +
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $125,000 - $147,000 in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Should you determine a reasonable accommodation is needed at any point during your candidate journey, please reach out to your recruiting partner.