Strategic Sourcing Analyst (Remote)
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Strategic Sourcing Analyst. This position, reporting to the Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager on the growing Strategic Sourcing team, will play a key role in enabling a scalable finance operations function at Guild. As a Strategic Sourcing Analyst, you will be supporting the team’s mission to deliver a simple procurement experience that enables stakeholder success and empowers the people, process, and systems to support the business as we scale.
As Strategic Sourcing Analyst you will:
- Build relationships with the team and key stakeholders by listening and being a partner. Educate teams on procurement values and how sourcing strategies will optimize the business. Partner across the business to understand departmental needs and purchasing plans.
- Serve as a strategic advisor and liaison between internal customers, suppliers, Procurement, Legal, and Infosec/Privacy teams.
- Lead end-to-end sourcing projects involving cross-functional teams including preparation of Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), and evaluation of responses.
- Analyze business cases, implement a sourcing strategy, and lead supplier negotiations for net new spend, renewals, and amendments.
- Work collaboratively with internal customers and suppliers to orchestrate and implement potential cost savings initiatives and process improvements.
- Ensure continuous improvement, process efficiency, and associated organisational change activities, as applicable.
- Drive innovation by keeping current on trends and networking with peer groups to understand new technologies and processes that disrupt the status quo.
- Set expectations and assist stakeholders and suppliers with navigating Procurement policies, and guide purchases through necessary approvals/signature processes.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 2-5 years previous experience in a strategic sourcing, procurement, supply chain or similar role
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Excellent project management and day-to-day execution skills
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Comfortable problem-solving and performing data analysis while working with information from various sources
- Ability to build strong rapport with partners inside and outside the organization and collaborate in a meaningful way across all levels
- A “holistic” approach with the ability to efficiently navigate stakeholders and tackle problems within the context of Guild’s larger mission and goals
- Strong understanding of legal concepts related to contract negotiations
- Familiarity implementing and/or working with eProcurement and Vendor Management tools (Coupa, Zip, Workday, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Slack and Google Suite
- Experience working in Education, Tech, Sales or a Start-Up helpful but not vital
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance practices and the intersections with our group
- Procurement-related certification or pursuit thereof
- Proven ability to negotiate sophisticated, high-value contracts with excellent results
- Something else, great! We are excited to hear from you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $80,000 - $102,500, as well as company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth