Data Scientist, B2B Acquisition
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Data Scientist with strong experience in the B2B acquisition domain to join our Data Team. This candidate will partner closely with our B2B Acquisition Marketing and Demand Generation teams to improve user and/or lead acquisition through advanced analytics and machine learning. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of delivering impactful analytical projects within the B2B Acquisition and/or Demand Generation domains, as well as partnering with cross-functional peers to guide and influence decision-making.
The Grammarly data teams are trusted subject matter experts who uncover new insights to inform marketing, product, and growth strategies that drive outcomes at the highest levels of the company. We have large datasets and are looking for folks with deep technical and analytical skills who can break down complex business problems and provide solutions with high visibility and impact for the company.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Partner closely with our B2B Acquisition Marketing and Demand Generation teams.
- Identify GB data gaps and collaborate with Marketing Operations and Engineering teams to connect the acquisition user journey to MQL (marketing qualified leads) and/or GB conversions.
- Run analyses that bring richer insights and deepen our understanding of Grammarly business users and the B2B acquisition funnel.
- Partner with Revenue Operations, Engineering, and Marketing Operations Teams to build MQL channel attribution.
- Optimize and measure the impact of business and consumer-focused campaigns in driving MQLs and Conversions.
- Design and run experiments to test new avenues and channels for B2B growth.
- Measure improvement in paid media bidding from incorporating different conversion action signals in bidding algo.
- Be a mentor to junior data scientists on the team and invest in their growth.
- Guide your stakeholder's decisions and roadmaps with informative, evidence-based decision-making.
- Take on a broad and challenging scope of work in a rapidly evolving company.
- Drive impact through statistical methodologies, algorithms, and measurement frameworks.
- Recruit, guide, and mentor junior and mid-level Data Scientists to create a best-in-class Data organization.
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists to continue to enhance the methodologies and practices used across the team that leverage the newest technological developments in the industry.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Holds a PhD or master’s degree in a quantitative field.
- Has 6+ years of relevant work experience with a proven track record of applying data science methods that drive impact.
- Is fluent in SQL with strong data exploration and manipulation skills.
- Is proficient in Python, R, or similar programming language.
- Has a strong grasp on how to best dig into and analyze datasets within the B2B space.
- Has firm knowledge of experiment design and can translate business questions into sound experimental frameworks and measurement plans.
- Has a self-starting growth mindset and strong communication skills, translating technical insights into impactful business recommendations.
- Is a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems to their core elements.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working at a company with a B2C2B business model.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.