Staff Product Manager, Core Experience
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based on the East Coast of the United States or Canada and they must be able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Staff Product Manager to join our Product team. The person in this role will work with our Core Product Focus Area to help define and ship some of our newest user-facing product features, which will help our customers communicate more effectively.
As Staff Product Manager in Core, you will leverage new technologies to build delightful new product experiences that provide opinionated perspectives on how our users can improve their writing to achieve their goals. You will be able to leverage a deep understanding of large language models to solve some of our most critical user problems. This area has tremendous ambiguity and an opportunity to push the boundaries from a technical and user experience perspective of how Grammarly can help our customers communicate. This is an opportunity to iterate quickly and establish new ways to test and learn to bring these new experiences to our users.
In this senior leadership role in the Product Management team, you will:
- Set the product direction for our largest investment area in the Core Product Focus Area.
- Gain a deep understanding of the technical approaches, opportunities, user needs, and pain points.
- Independently drive high-velocity execution with cross-functional to deliver learnings and impact.
- Collaborate across multiple investment areas to ensure a cohesive product narrative that helps our users.
- Develop a strong local team culture with other leads in the Berlin hub across the Core Product Focus area.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has experience with earlier-stage product development and getting creative to drive learning and impact quickly.
- Can drive learnings, execution, and impact in a product area with tremendous ambiguity.
- Loves crafting delightful user experiences for a diverse user base.
- Has a deep technical understanding to push the boundaries of what’s possible to deliver user value.
- Has an understanding of machine learning and large language models.
- Has a strong quantitative and analytical mindset understanding to define success and move critical metrics.
- Helps build environments that foster close partnerships with other product managers and cross-functional teams from Engineering, Design, Research, Data Science, Marketing, and more.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.