Senior Product Designer, Enterprise
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of Berlin. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Enterprise Value Drivers Product Design team. The person in this role will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to continually innovate our Grammarly offerings for enterprise customers.
As a Senior Product Designer for Grammarly Business, you will consistently switch between research and design to understand user pain points and iterate on current and new features for Grammarly Business. You’ll partner with user experience researchers and product marketers to conduct interviews and user testing. You will collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to evaluate, streamline, and improve the Grammarly Business product offerings. Additionally, you will partner with the rest of the Design team to understand how Grammarly Business features align with the Grammarly product ecosystem. Your ultimate goal will be to create seamless and visually appealing experiences for our users across all platforms.
The Design team is responsible for projects directly impacting business goals and metrics. In this role, you will primarily work with Grammarly product designers, product managers, researchers, and product marketers to design features that address our enterprise users. In this high-impact role, you will:
- Lead individual product offerings and feature directions from ideation to implementation.
- Design for consumer enterprise experiences and admin/management enterprise experiences.
- Drive projects from zero to one and follow through with iterative improvement.
- Collaborate with researchers to deeply understand our enterprise user needs and drive user empathy and advocacy on the Grammarly Business team.
- Partner with Product Managers, Marketing, and Sales teams to collect feedback from our enterprise customers, helping identify and prioritize the highest-impact use cases.
- Create user flows and personas for enterprise users interacting with Grammarly Business features.
- Partner with developers to bring world-class user interfaces to life.
- Partner with and support the Brand, Marketing, and Product design teams in developing Grammarly Business features and communicating their implications across our holistic product experience.
- Collaborate with designers across teams to curate and operationalize new interaction patterns and aesthetics.
- Collaborate with product managers to create and develop both features and their success metrics.
- Collaborate with Brand and Marketing teams to ensure product offerings and features are represented and communicated correctly.
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to define Grammarly’s accessibility standards.
- Scale features across a variety of audiences, abilities, devices, and platforms.
- Specify and maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, and interaction models.
- Assess consistency and coherence across the Grammarly product offerings and design system.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person in Berlin and potentially other hubs 3 weeks per quarter.
- Has a minimum of 8 years as a designer on growing design teams.
- Has taken design systems from zero to one, and has worked in design systems at scale.
- Has a deep understanding of high-efficiency, high-output centralized design partnerships.
- Has a deep understanding of multidisciplinary design processes and toolkits across Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, and User Experience Research.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and uses them to roll out large-scale programs effectively.
- Is relentlessly focused on our customers’ needs and wants.
- Is proactive in seeking and providing opportunities to improve and expand the team, including team members’ personal skills and experiences.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing life care (including mental health care and risk benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, wellness and pet care stipends, learning and development opportunities, and more. Note that benefits may differ by location.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, sexual identity, or age.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.