People Operations & Benefits Manager
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of Berlin. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Grammarly is the world’s leading AI writing assistance company trusted by over 30 million people and 70,000 professional teams every day. From instantly creating a first draft to perfecting every message, Grammarly’s product offerings help people at 96% of the Fortune 500 get their point across—and get results. Grammarly has been profitable for over a decade because we’ve stayed true to our values and built an enterprise-grade product that’s secure, reliable, and helps people do their best work—without selling their data. We’re proud to be one of Inc.’s best workplaces, a Glassdoor Best Place to Work, one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential Companies, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in AI.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a People Operations and Benefits Manager to join our People team. This person will help further develop our European benefits strategy while managing day-to-day benefits and people-related administration. They will also work globally to conceptualize and roll out People Operations projects with company-wide impact.
Reporting to the Berlin-based Senior Manager, People Operations, the People Operations and Benefits Manager will also work closely with Grammarly’s US-based Benefits Lead. This role’s key stakeholders, collaborators, and partners include numerous external benefits vendors, as well as Grammarly’s wider People team, payroll team, and European hub site leads. The People Operations and Benefits Manager’s mission is to create great team member experiences through implementing, simplifying, automating, and improving people programs and processes.
As a People Operations and Benefits Manager, you will work closely with our expert global Total Rewards team to align Grammarly’s European benefits with our overall company benefits strategy, focusing primarily on benefits in Germany (though Poland and Ukraine are also in scope). We founded our German entity in 2022, and in this role, you have an excellent opportunity to work on benefits and building people processes, policies, and tools. You’ll be a key player in helping ensure we’re an attractive employer in Germany by rolling out benefits, programs, processes, and policies that are competitive on the local market and aligned globally.
Within your first 30 days, you’ll build foundational knowledge of people operations and benefits practices at Grammarly. To do this, you’ll deep-dive into Grammarly’s current benefits programs and people processes and get to know our talent and teams to learn how they contribute to Grammarly’s success. You’ll build relationships with key stakeholders to understand their current challenges and concerns, and you’ll work to gain knowledge of our Total Rewards strategy and how our benefits programs align with that strategy.
Within your first three months, you’ll study our people systems, policies, and benefits plans further and start identifying opportunities to improve current processes and implement new programs. You’ll suggest how we can work more effectively and efficiently
Within your first six months, you’ll become the main contact person for benefits programs in Europe, and you’ll communicate with team members proactively and effectively to educate them on our benefits. You’ll become the owner of all documentation related to European benefits, and you’ll ensure our internal wiki is updated regularly.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Is able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has proven experience implementing, administering, and supporting benefits and administrative people programs in Germany. Our current catalog of benefits includes private employer-sponsored pensions, risk and accident insurance, as well as other fringe benefits like wellness and home office budgets.
- Effectively conveys intricate details regarding personnel procedures and policies to both internal and external stakeholders in fluent German and English.
- Is a thoughtful decision-maker who considers context, consequences, and best/worst case scenarios; you’re able to see the difference between edge cases and standard cases.
- Works data-driven, acquiring data from multiple sources, analyzing it, communicating findings, and using those findings to inform decision-making.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively and cross-functionally with others to meet shared objectives.
- Proactively manage projects with organization-wide impact and working with project management frameworks and tools.
- Has a history of finding scalable and automated solutions for critical business challenges.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits for candidates based in Germany or Ukraine: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing life care (including mental health care and risk benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, wellness and pet care stipends, learning and development opportunities, and more. Note that benefits may differ by location.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, sexual identity, or age.For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.