Senior Manager, Monetization LCM
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Manager, Monetization, to join our Lifecycle Marketing team. This role will qualify the Premium experience and drive upgrades, improve renewal rates, and evolve our monetization strategies while partnering on the Grammarly Business and Grammarly for Education user lifecycles.
As Senior Manager, Monetization, you will grow and nurture a high-performing team, including developing, recruiting, training, and mentoring talent. You will work closely with the B2B Lifecycle Marketing team to run experiments and identify the best-paid product for our users while partnering with Acquisition, Sales, and Demand Generation.
You will help us build multi-channel journeys across mobile, product, and email to provide the most meaningful and effective user experience possible. More specifically, you will:
- Refine the team’s vision, strategy, and operating guidelines by asking questions and sharing insights and learnings from your past experiences.Your input will add value to ongoing initiatives and help the team achieve its goals.
- Achieve a deep understanding of key objectives, performance metrics, and relative benchmarks for lifecycle marketing.
- Devise plans to acquaint free users with our Premium product offering and emphasize its value, thereby increasing the rates of upgrades and retention.
- Revise our discount strategy in light of the broader monetization landscape.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 4 weeks per quarter.
- Is able to navigate an unstructured environment, understand the opportunities to focus on, and determine how to achieve goals independently.
- Understands a typical SaaS product's marketing goals, processes, and frameworks focused on B2C segments and customer engagements while collaborating with B2B LCM teams.
- Is highly results-driven and evaluates their performance daily based on this approach.
- Can analyze and pull meaningful insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of email marketing, including project management, segmentation and targeting, data analysis, lifecycle strategy, A/B testing, deliverability, and best practices.
- Has experience establishing routine reporting to analyze performance from email engagement and business metrics.
- Skilled in growth experiments and can devise effective experiments even with incomplete data.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.