Trust & Safety Support Specialist
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Poland, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Trust & Safety Support Specialist to join our Support team. This role will provide fast, high-quality responses to requests for general support and issues around trust and safety, primarily focusing on the latter. You will assist with security-related questions and proactively identify gaps in the team’s expertise while helping improve the underlying processes. This position is crucial in ensuring that Grammarly users' requests are handled with care and precision. Keeping security and privacy concerns in mind is embedded in how Grammarly operates as an organization and is foundational to our culture.
As a Trust & Safety Support Specialist, you’ll directly contribute to this effort by informing Grammarly customers about our security practices and helping to protect their data privacy. You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact by establishing and enhancing processes while developing your problem-solving skills and analytical thinking.
In this role, you will:
- Review and resolve incoming customer requests and address trust and safety concerns.
- Develop your problem-solving skills and enhance your analytical thinking by conducting data investigations as necessary.
- Actively participate in defining new optimal practices within Grammarly Support and Trust & Safety, including improving existing workflows.
- Participate in business-critical projects pertaining to user data security and privacy.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has at least one year of experience in a customer-facing role.
- Has excellent written and spoken English.
- Has a general understanding of user data privacy and security principles. Advanced knowledge of security-related or risk prevention–related matters for a similar SaaS service is a plus.
- Is attentive and detail-oriented.
- Has notable problem-solving skills and can proactively pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Is an empathetic, active listener.
- Has very strong writing skills and can flawlessly communicate in multiple styles, making Grammarly customers feel heard, understood, and cared for.
- Is a quick thinker with a curious mind.
- Can work independently and come up with efficient solutions under pressure.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.