Senior Market Researcher
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Customer Insights Researcher to join our Human Insights team. Our team is responsible for uncovering insights into our customers’ needs and behaviors to influence and inspire all levels of the company. We work with functions across product, design, and marketing, and our goal is to build our business with users at its center. The Customer Insights Researcher role will execute mixed-methods research primarily on marketing-related topics.
This is an ideal role for someone passionate about using research to identify strategic marketing opportunities, improve advertising, and strengthen brand positioning. This position will report to the Marketing and Growth Research Manager on the Human Insights team.
As a Customer Insights Researcher, you will work directly with our Human Insights team to execute mixed-methods research studies. Applying your breadth of knowledge in primary research, you will enable first-class research on brand, advertising, and communications initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Define research plans and conduct market research studies with clearly stated goals and research questions.
- Generate a deep understanding of our customers and their communication needs to influence and shape Grammarly’s strategic marketing plans.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative primary research (e.g., moderate focus groups, design surveys, synthesize data into key insights, etc.)
- Build studies that leverage best practices in customer segmentation, brand tracking, message testing, ad testing, opportunity/market sizing, and concept testing, among others.
- Conduct research-brainstorming workshops with cross-functional teams to help identify research needs and opportunities to drive strategic GTM motions.
- Connect and identify internal and external data points to provide a holistic understanding of our users and seize opportunities for growth.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to advise GTM decisions through rich storytelling in presentations, reports, workshops, or other creative approaches.
- Explore and be creative in developing research methods on the topic of communication and writing.
- Participate in building the research practice at Grammarly through mentoring, hiring, and building or selecting research tools and resources.
- Build relationships and establish thought-leader presence among cross-functional partners in Marketing, Growth, Design, and Product.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience conducting market research and consumer insights (ideally across both B2C and B2B spaces).
- Has strong quantitative research and analysis skills (via designing surveys with complex logic, creating sample plans, and building cross-tabs/statistical analyses via SPSS, R, Python, SQL, and related tools).
- Has experience in various qualitative methods, such as concept testing, interviews, and focus groups, with an understanding of how to combine methods and trade off different approaches.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and effectively articulates their ideas, research plans, and findings. Adept at creating data visualizations, insight, and problem statements, and forming strong report narratives.
- Has experience building sample plans (setting quotas, screening criteria, weighting, etc.) and recruiting research participants via internal CRMs and panel providers.
- Has experience with survey programming platforms (i.e., Qualtrics).
- Is a self-starter, efficient, and enjoys defining and driving projects from end-to-end while also knowing how to collaborate effectively.
- Is relentlessly focused on our customers’ needs and wants.
- Is able to effectively evaluate the need and manage research vendors and agencies, including panel providers, research SaaS vendors, and consulting firms, when needed.
- Is adept at managing stakeholders and is able to build connections across the company, including Marketing (Product Marketing, Acquisition, Lifecycle, Brand and Communications), Sales, and Design.
- Is a creative and analytical thinker who’s excited to tackle complex problems.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.