Group Product Manager, Monetization
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role will collaborate in person 4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to different hubs. They are required to live within a commutable distance of their home hub of San Francisco. Grammarly may provide relocation assistance.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Group Product Manager, Growth to join our Product Management team. Our self-serve, product-led motion is at the heart of Grammarly and forms the strong foundation for this role. You will play a critical role in shaping our growth strategy. This role reports to the Head of Product Growth.
As Group Product Manager, Growth, you will be responsible for:
- Evolving our Growth strategy. Grammarly offers a unique opportunity to develop a sophisticated growth model, with blended elements of product-led growth, product-led sales, and enterprise sales. Our current Growth area spans across acquisition, activation, engagement, monetization, and platform teams.
- Leading and mentoring a team of product managers. You will manage and mentor some members of our Growth product team, setting them up for success.
- Building and leveraging cross-functional partnerships. As the team lead, you will not only closely work cross-functionally with engineering, design, data science, and other product areas, but will also work with marketing leadership across the Acquisition, Lifecycle Marketing, Product Marketing, and MarTech teams. You’ll be responsible for forming close cross-functional relationships and collaborating well to achieve amazing results together.
- Enabling effective execution. You will work with cross-functional partners and the team to create effective collaboration models, processes, and operations to improve execution velocity and deliver high-quality learnings, working with a distributed and growing engineering team across North America and Europe.
In this role, you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of Grammarly’s growth motion and marketing tools.
- Define and put into action end-to-end strategies for Grammarly’s next phase of product and business growth.
- Lead a thriving, growing team of product managers that regularly delivers key insights to our users and business.
- Partner closely with our growing sales team to understand and identify touchpoints between our consumer and business products.
- . . . and more! The scope of opportunity in this role is tremendous.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco and potentially other hubs 4 weeks per quarter.
- Has experience leading PLG / PLS strategies and teams.
- Has strong leadership abilities, setting direction and operations in a complex space while also building strong relationships.
- Has strong product acumen and a love of creating user-centric product strategies.
- Has strong analytical skills and an ability to deeply understand business dynamics.
- Has experience managing and mentoring a team and fostering professional development.
- Is highly collaborative and enjoys working in partnership with many areas to identify goals and work together to achieve them.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) matching (US only)
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this San Francisco-based position are outlined below and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.