Systems Engineer, Corporate Endpoints
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a System Engineer to join our Enterprise Infrastructure team. This role will substantially impact the security of the Grammarly product offerings and services. User Trust is a top priority for us, and therefore, your impact will be dramatic. Every single day of your work at Grammarly, your decisions and actions will have a very direct impact on the millions of users who trust personal content and rely on Grammarly product offerings daily. You will be able to drive change across the entire endpoint management umbrella. You will have the opportunity to advocate for security and process improvements while balancing these changes with our speed of growth.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to enhance endpoint management processes, allowing Grammarly to scale the number of hardware and virtual endpoints, as well as users. You will be a primary DRI for the hardware and software endpoints, and you will have the opportunity to learn the latest technical solutions for data availability and security. At Grammarly, you will work with WXP IT, Platform, and Security teams.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As a System Engineer for the Endpoint Management area, you will
- Be responsible for maintaining and expanding enterprise infrastructure and services.
- Manage a fleet of mobile devices (WindowsOS,macOS, Linux, iOS, Android) using mobile device management (MDM), enterprise mobility management (EMM), or unified endpoint management (UEM) tools.
- Manage the software patch management process across all endpoints (hardware and virtual).
- Administer Jamf, WorkspaceOne, Intune, Google MDM.
- Ensure that enterprise infrastructure security levels comply with relevant security policies, and manage their implementation.
- Design the global endpoint management processes.
- Develop infrastructure and end user documentation.
- Integrate endpoint management tools with other SaaS services and internal services.
- Have a one-click deployment mindset for end users while building endpoint management processes.
- Cooperate with Platform team to maintain AWS infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to create and maintain test environments.
- Provide L3 troubleshooting and support.
- Enhance level endpoint management security and productivity areas by introducing various metrics.
- Enhance the self-service features via MDM tools and automation.
- Guarantee the availability and health of information systems through service monitoring, change management, and system data integrity.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has proven experience in JAMF, VMware WorkspaceOne, Google MDM, and Microsoft Intune tools.
- Has a strong understanding of the Patch Management process.
- Is familiar with programming languages such as Bash, PowerShell, and Python, ability to read code (preferably Go).
- Is knowledgeable about Okta, AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Has excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Has strong communication skills, with the ability to share the technical design and review complex integrations in understandable terms.
- Nurtures the talent in the team and raises the technical talent bar when recruiting for their team.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.