Software Engineer, Product Security
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in Germany, Ukraine, or Poland, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
User trust is at the heart of everything that we do. To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Security Engineer, Product Security Automation to join the Grammarly Security team. This person will have a substantial impact on maintaining the trust of the millions of users who rely on Grammarly product offerings every day. They will drive security improvements across the entire stack, from the UI, to the back-end, to the underlying server infrastructure.
Grammarly’s security engineers have the freedom to develop practical solutions that, in turn, influence our security culture. The engineering landscape at Grammarly is complex, as we create innovative product offerings, expand to new platforms, and scale underlying cloud systems—all while strengthening and expanding our global team. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
As Security Engineer, Product Security Automation, you will:
- Develop and implement security automation tools and processes to identify, evaluate, and mitigate security risks in our AI product.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to integrate reproducible security practices into the product development lifecycle.
- Automate vulnerability detection and management in an ongoing and scalable manner.
- Assist in the continuous development, deployment, and maintenance of a comprehensive security architecture.
- Educate and mentor team members on best practices in security and automation.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products.
- Represent Grammarly’s security engineering team both within and outside of the company.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Has proven experience in security automation, DevSecOps, SRE, or a similar role.
- Has a strong understanding of cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigations.
- Is familiar with programming languages such as Python, Java, or Go
- Is knowledgeable about cloud security best practices and technologies.
- Has excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Has strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex security issues in understandable terms.
- Nurtures the talent in the team and raises the technical talent bar when recruiting for their team.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We also support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities including BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
- Comprehensive benefits for candidates based in Germany or Ukraine: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing life care (including mental health care and risk benefits) and ample and defined time off. We also offer support to set up a home office, wellness and pet care stipends, learning and development opportunities, and more. Note that benefits may differ by location.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, sexual identity, or age.
For more details about the personal data Grammarly collects during the recruitment process, for what purposes, and how you can address your rights, please see the Grammarly Data Privacy Notice for Candidates here.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.