Sales Development Manager
We’re on a mission to make knowledge work faster and more humane. We believe that AI will fundamentally transform how people work. In the future, everyone will work in tandem with expert AI assistants who find knowledge, create and synthesize information, and execute work. These assistants will free people up to focus on the higher-level, creative aspects of their work.
We’re building a system of intelligence for every company in the world. On the surface, you can think of it as Google + ChatGPT for the enterprise. Under the hood, our platform is the connective tissue between AI and knowledge. It brings all of a company’s knowledge together, understands it at a deep level, provides industry-leading search relevance over it, and connects it to generative AI agents and applications.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers who saw a need in the enterprise space for their technical depth and passion for AI. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
Glean is looking for an energetic, creative, ambitious, and data-driven Business Development Representative (BDR) Leader to play a key role in setting up and scaling our HQ team. You will own the day-to-day responsibilities of building and leading a high-performing team of BDRs from the ground up. From recruiting, to coaching, to delivering on KPIs - you will have an opportunity to shape our Business Development processes.
What you will do and achieve:
- Lead a team of BDRs to generate pipeline and create qualified opportunities for our North American sales team
- Recruit, coach, and mentor BDRs on the floor - shadowing, role plays, process improvement, and performance reporting in recurring 1:1s
- Build repeatable training for the BDR team in sales skills and product/industry understanding
- Consult with Glean’s GTM leadership to build and execute on a strategic growth plan
- Enable the team with company standard sales methodologies
- Leverage creative marketing and sales tactics to help the global BDR team prospect and engage with multiple buyer personas
- Define, manage, and optimize KPIs and metrics by which the BDR team will be measured. Manage BDR reports and dashboards
- Work in collaboration with GTM Leadership teams to develop effective messaging to convert inbound interest into qualified pipeline
- Work with the Marketing team to provide feedback on MQLs and campaigns
- Ensure team members are adhering to Glean's values, driving diversity and inclusion practices
- Foster an amazing culture for the BDR team rooted in respect, honesty, and transparency
- Develop scalable sales systems and processes that drive predictive revenue growth
- Develop specific and targeted sales goals, and implement tactics to accelerate growth
- Continuously evaluate and optimize results, and make KPI/data-driven recommendations
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of quota-carrying sales experience as an individual contributor, with a proven, consistent track record of exceeding goals
- 2+ years of experience leading sales development teams with a proven track record of exceeding goals in an outbound sales environment
- Startup and SaaS experience is a big plus!
- Proficiency with Salesforce and other sales enablement tools (i.e. Outreach, Sales Navigator)
- Proven data-driven results - you should know your results and brag about them!
- Validated experience in building and scaling an SDR or BDR team
- A passion and excitement for hiring, with a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- A love for making an impact and supporting your team’s professional and personal growth
- The ability to leverage data to drive decisions, create systems, and identify process improvements to improve efficiency
- Passion and curiosity around technology with an ability to comprehend and articulate value points to customers and team members
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, “do what it takes” startup culture!
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment and time-off policy
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.