Partner Manager (NAMER)
We’re on a mission to make knowledge work faster and more humane. We believe that AI will fundamentally transform how people work. In the future, everyone will work in tandem with expert AI assistants who find knowledge, create and synthesize information, and execute work. These assistants will free people up to focus on the higher-level, creative aspects of their work.We’re building a system of intelligence for every company in the world. On the surface, you can think of it as Google + ChatGPT for the enterprise. Under the hood, our platform is the connective tissue between AI and knowledge. It brings all of a company’s knowledge together, understands it at a deep level, provides industry-leading search relevance over it, and connects it to generative AI agents and applications.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers who saw a need in the enterprise space for their technical depth and passion for AI. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
About the Role
Glean’s global partnerships team is responsible for building a partner ecosystem to deliver and scale a best-in-class customer experience with the world’s leading AI-powered work assistant. As a founding member of this team, you will be a key player in driving our partnerships priorities across the generative AI landscape by building deep relationships with the best VAR, Cloud, GSI, and ISV partners in the enterprise search and knowledge management categories. You will be responsible for strategically planning and delivering cross-functional strategies to achieve sales and partnership goals, primarily with our U.S. and Canadian VARs as well as our Cloud, GSI, and ISV partners. You will partner with cross-functional teams in Product, Engineering, and Go-To-Market to execute on strategic initiatives, including product, partnership, and marketing launches. The ideal candidate will have a strong sales and GTM background along with a track record of building and growing partnerships in an extremely fast moving, high growth environment.
Location: SF (Palo Alto) or NYC, in the office 60% of the time (MWF)
- Strategic Partnerships: Develop and manage our GTM execution with U.S. and Canadian VAR partners, including understanding their business goals, needs, and our joint value proposition. Drive top of funnel and demand gen activities with partners in conjunction with Glean’s internal marketing teams; build and manage a co-sell motion with partners in conjunction with Glean’s internal AEs; and deepen our VAR partnerships by identifying new joint opportunities. The primary area of ownership for this role is our U.S. and Canadian VAR partners. There will also be heavy involvement with our Cloud, GSI, and ISV partners; all team members must be strong generalists at this time given our team’s and partner program’s maturity.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Collaborate with partners to develop and execute joint go-to-market plans, including joint product development, co-sell campaigns, marketing activities, and customer engagements.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with sales, marketing, product, and engineering teams to align partner strategies with company objectives and execute seamlessly across all functions and operating styles.
- Customer Success: Ensure that partner-driven projects are delivered successfully and that customers derive value from our solutions.
- Performance Monitoring: Track and report on key performance metrics, such as net new meetings, opportunities, partner revenue, and partner funnel, and make data-driven recommendations for improvements.
- Market Analysis: Stay current on market trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies to identify new opportunities for partnerships and growth.
- Partner Support and Enablement: Work with our Partner Ops + Enablement team to ensure that our partners have the necessary training, resources, and support to effectively sell and implement our product.
- A strategic and structured thinker who enjoys building new processes, relationships, and revenue streams, while setting and driving towards long-term goals
- Resourceful and creative in order to effectively and efficiently build new processes and improve existing ones
- Extroverted, collaborative, and eager to develop partner relationships and execute cross-functional teamwork
- Thoughtful about strategy and metrics, paired with the ability to hustle and execute
- Knowledgeable about the enterprise SaaS sales motion and how to make partners successful in replicating that when selling Glean
- Able to design and present business plans, track and improve partner progress, and communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Comfortable working with globally distributed teams
- 6+ years of industry experience within partnership/alliances, primarily in a sales capacity
- 3+ years of direct sales/channel sales experience within the data, cloud, or SaaS space
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree, with MBA preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment
- Flexible work environment and time-off policy
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
- Free meals