Quality Assurance Manager (India)
We’re on a mission to make knowledge work faster and more humane. We believe that AI will fundamentally transform how people work. In the future, everyone will work in tandem with expert AI assistants who find knowledge, create and synthesize information, and execute work. These assistants will free people up to focus on the higher-level, creative aspects of their work.We’re building a system of intelligence for every company in the world. On the surface, you can think of it as Google + ChatGPT for the enterprise. Under the hood, our platform is the connective tissue between AI and knowledge. It brings all of a company’s knowledge together, understands it at a deep level, provides industry-leading search relevance over it, and connects it to generative AI agents and applications.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers who saw a need in the enterprise space for their technical depth and passion for AI. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
Glean is looking for a talented Quality Assurance Manager to join our rapidly expanding, VC-backed startup. Glean is the work assistant with intuition. Find exactly what you need, right when you need it so you and your team can get big things done. Our team works hard and plays hard. We are professional, creative, passionate, and most importantly - customer-obsessed.
As the QA manager, you would be responsible for all aspects of Quality Assurance at Glean, from setting up test strategies and processes to managing qualification of all product releases to building a world class QA team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product, both from a customer’s perspective and its underlying technical principles and architecture
- Work with geographically diverse cross functional teams to define and implement the overall product’s testing strategy and processes
- Manage the qualification of all our product releases - Frontend 2 releases a week, Backend 2 releases a week, Chrome extension and Mobile app releases
- Be the voice of quality at the company and champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement with a metrics driven culture
- Be a strong advocate for Quality best practices and help the company incorporate them with rigor
- Manage the QA team which comprises 10+ QA engineers currently and help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior engineers to maximize their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives; retain top talent
- Help grow the team into a diverse set of people who can perform, both manually and via automated tests, all the different testing types that would add value to our product’s quality
- Implement multiple checks and balances within the team to ensure quality high productive work is being performed while averting the risk of burnout via efficient time management
- Preferable experience with SaaS enterprise software qualification built and delivered on any of AWS or Azure or GCP
- Experience with fast paced development involving qualification of multiple releases a week
- Experience building and cultivating strong quality practices and processes
- Experience in hiring and developing teams
- Experience in managing teams involved in different types of testing, both manually and via automated tests
- Experience in Search domain a plus
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 10+ years of industry experience, of which 2+ years is in QA Management
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.