Technical Project Manager
We’re on a mission to make knowledge work faster and more humane. We believe that AI will fundamentally transform how people work. In the future, everyone will work in tandem with expert AI assistants who find knowledge, create and synthesize information, and execute work. These assistants will free people up to focus on the higher-level, creative aspects of their work.We’re building a system of intelligence for every company in the world. On the surface, you can think of it as Google + ChatGPT for the enterprise. Under the hood, our platform is the connective tissue between AI and knowledge. It brings all of a company’s knowledge together, understands it at a deep level, provides industry-leading search relevance over it, and connects it to generative AI agents and applications.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers who saw a need in the enterprise space for their technical depth and passion for AI. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
We are seeking Glean’s first Technical Project Manager (TPM) to lead and oversee the full lifecycle of SaaS deployments for our largest enterprise and strategic accounts. TPM will work closely with cross-functional partners across R&D and GTM teams to ensure the successful implementation, configuration, and ongoing support of our SaaS solutions at our most significant accounts throughout their early lifecycle, from pilot to onboarding all the way to the stable deployment milestone.
Having delivered a track record of strong execution and x-fn collaboration, we expect this person to have the opportunity of building out Glean’s TPM function (its capabilities, processes, and team structure) as we scale our Enterprise AI offerings to thousands of enterprise customers.
What you will do and achieve:
- Project Leadership: Lead end-to-end project management for multiple assigned enterprise SaaS deployments, from initial scoping through post-implementation support, ensuring on-time, high quality delivery with a high level of transparency provided to the customer.
- Customer Engagement: Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders at enterprise-level customers, serving as the primary point of contact for project-related communication.
- Requirements Gathering: Collaborate with customers to understand their unique business needs and translate them into clear project requirements and objectives. Channel these requirements and customers’ prioritization/severity to the right R&D teams.
- Solution Design: Work closely with our SE, TS, CS, and Product teams to identify SaaS solutions that can meet requirements of multiple large customers.
- Resource Management: Coordinate project resources and timelines, including cross-functional teams, third-party vendors, and internal experts, to ensure successful project execution.
- Risk Management: Proactively identify project risks, resourcing gaps and timeline issues and execute mitigation and escalation flows to course correct and ensure project success.
- Quality Assurance: Implement/improve Glean’s ability of robust testing and quality deployment procedures to guarantee the reliability and functionality of deployed solutions.
- Documentation: Maintain comprehensive project documentation, including project plans, project templates, status reports, and change logs and leverage these artifacts (processes, documents, best practices) to scale the impact of the function as we grow our large accounts base.
- Measure Success: establish and manage to project key performance indicators (KPI’s), ensuring the end-to-end delivery of the project and the contributions of customer and internal project team members are measured and reviewed for continual improvement.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field. MBA or PMP certification preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a program or project management role
- Proven track record of successfully managing large-scale SaaS deployment projects with an emphasis on large-scale, enterprise cloud deployments.
- Strong understanding of SaaS software architecture and deployment best practices.
- Communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills.
- Proficiency in project management software tools and methodologies.
- Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and priorities.
- Problem-solving skills and a results-oriented mindset.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment and time-off policy
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
- Free meals
For California based applicants:
The standard base salary range for this position is $125,000 - $190,000 annually. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation, equity, and benefits.