Technical Support Engineer (US-West)
We’re on a mission to bring people the knowledge they need to make a difference in the world.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers, who wondered why we don’t have an easier way of finding what we need at work. In our personal lives, we have tools to help us find pretty much whatever we need. Why don’t we have that at work? And that was the beginning of Glean.
Glean searches across all your company’s apps to help you find exactly what you need and discover the things you should know. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
Glean is looking for a talented Technical Support Engineer to join our rapidly expanding, venture-backed startup. We are building a modern knowledge assistant personalized to every employee in your organization, making all information within your company accessible, contextual, and fresh. Our team works hard and plays hard. We are professional, creative, passionate, and most importantly - customer-driven.
You will provide proactive & reactive support to our growing customer base. By providing the highest level of service to our customers, you will ensure our customer experience is the best in the industry.
What you will do and achieve
- Provide first response, technical troubleshooting, resolution, and follow-through of inbound customer issues and inquiries
- Assist customers in on-boarding additional datasources into Glean to increase the content and knowledge for their users' search experience
- Execute on customer change requests initiated by customer request and internal request
- Educate customers on the use of Glean product features
- Fully handle customer-impacting alerts which require coordination with customer administrators
- Work closely with teams across Glean to drive product, process and service improvements
- Author and maintain the internal and customer-facing knowledge base to drive customer solution self-service
Who you are
- Communication: professional presentation and interaction skills with both customers and internal teams
- Self-motivated: proactive approach to delivering service to customers
- Detail-oriented: highly organized and methodical, ensuring all issues are managed to completion
Key knowledge and skills
- Problem solving: technical problem solving skills including ability to troubleshoot and isolate issues to their root cause
- Ability to debug issues including searching & reading application logs and analyzing stack traces and browser trace files
- Strong system fundamentals with demonstrated ability to work with Linux systems and SQL databases
- Experience with Cloud technologies in at least one of the following: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 1 year of industry experience or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
- Free meals
For California based applicants:
The standard base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $125,000 annually. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation, equity, and benefits.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.