Technical writer (Pre/Post Sales Documentation)
We’re on a mission to bring people the knowledge they need to make a difference in the world.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers, who wondered why we don’t have an easier way of finding what we need at work. In our personal lives, we have tools to help us find pretty much whatever we need. Why don’t we have that at work? And that was the beginning of Glean.
Glean searches across all your company’s apps to help you find exactly what you need and discover the things you should know. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Technical Writer to manage our pre-sales and post-sales technical documentation, including information on how Glean works such as explaining key parts of the architecture, how Glean maintains security and how to connect various third-party applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining the content information structure, writing and collaborating with the engineering team to keep technical documentation up-to-date.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical documentation for pre-sales and post-sales processes, including user guides, system overviews, and integration instructions
- Collaborate with the engineering team and other stakeholders to gather necessary information and ensure the accuracy of technical documents
- Define and implement the content information structure, including where documents should live and how they should be organized
- Work closely with the web development team to provide requirements for implementing the knowledge base
- Establish and maintain a consistent tone and style across all technical documents, ensuring a professional and easy-to-understand presentation
- Continuously update and revise documentation to ensure alignment with the latest product updates, features, and best practices
- Manage multiple projects and priorities effectively, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality documentation
You will thrive at this role if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, Engineering, or a related field
- You have 3+ years of experience in technical writing, preferably within the SaaS industry
- You have Demonstrated ability to create clear, concise, and comprehensive technical documentation
- You are excellent at project management and organizational skills, and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, with experience working with engineering teams and other stakeholders
- You are proficient in documentation tools and technologies, such as Zendesk, Contentful, Markdown, etc
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
- Free meals