Head of Sales Development
We’re on a mission to bring people the knowledge they need to make a difference in the world.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers, who wondered why we don’t have an easier way of finding what we need at work. In our personal lives, we have tools to help us find pretty much whatever we need. Why don’t we have that at work? And that was the beginning of Glean.
Glean searches across all your company’s apps to help you find exactly what you need and discover the things you should know. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
Additional highlights about Glean
With AI breakthroughs in Generative AI and LLMs in particular, Glean is perfectly poised to deliver disruptive value to our customers. Several Tier 1 VCs from the Silicon Valley (Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, General Catalyst, and Sequoia) share our vision and have invested $155M in Glean. Our valuation at Series C in May 2022 was $1B.
Glean is looking for an energetic, creative, ambitious, and data-driven Head of Sales Development Leader to play a key role in setting up and scaling our East Coast Sales Development team. You will own the day-to-day responsibilities of building and leading a high-performing team of BDRs from the ground up. From recruiting, to coaching, to delivering on KPIs - you will have an opportunity to shape our Sales Development processes. Candidates are required to work in Atlanta, Georgia.
What you will do and achieve:
- Ability to drive cross functional alignment and coordination across sales and marketing teams
- Build a word-class Sales Development Organization. Recruit, train, and develop a global team of SDRs, BDRs, and Business Development managers across Palo Alto (HQ), Atlanta, and India
- Plan, forecast, and understand ramp adjusted capacity to ensure the team is grown effectively, in tandem with the needs of our sales organization.
- Consult with Glean’s GTM leadership to build and execute on a strategic growth plan
- Partner with regional managers to develop campaigns that align to their regional goals based on a territory plan.
- Develop scalable sales systems and processes that drive predictive revenue growth
- Continuously evaluate and optimize results, and make KPI/data-driven recommendations
- Focus on the quality of opportunities without sacrificing quantity. The four core metrics this role should care about are the impact on the sales cycle, close rates, pipeline contribution and average deal size.
- Effectively manage paths for career advancement within the sales development functions as well as to closing sales roles.
- Enable the team with company standard sales methodologies and product/industry understanding
- Partner with sales and marketing operations to ensure the BDR team has the best tools to do their job, and that they are configured to optimize BDR efficiency and productivity, especially salesforce.com, Outreach, and Orum
- Work with the Marketing team to provide feedback on MQLs and campaigns
- Ensure team members are adhering to Glean's values, driving diversity and inclusion practices
- Foster an amazing culture for the BDR team rooted in respect, honesty, and transparency
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years leading multiple teams in different locations
- 5+ years leading BDR teams and/or programs
- Multiple repeatable proof points of recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining talent that make-up a high performing sales development organization
- You find it second-nature working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- You have “carried a bag” of pipeline of your own before and were able to get great results while in the seat yourself
- Experience with funnel management across multiple channels(inbound, upsell, outbound, marketing)
- High proficiency with Salesforce and other sales enablement tools
- Proven data-driven results - you should know your results and brag about them!
- A love for making an impact and supporting your team’s professional and personal growth
- A quick learner, self-starter, and an eagerness to handle the pressures of increasing levels of responsibility
- Thrives in a fast-paced, “do what it takes” startup culture
- A passion for customers and desire to build authentic relationships
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
- Free meals
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.