Regional Manager, Digital SMB - EMEA
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Regional Manager, Digital SMB Responsibilities
- Drive, manage and execute the business and revenue of the region’s SMB business
- Prepare forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Establish and report on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Anticipate problems and propose solutions related to sales operational changes (ex. quota, comp, territory carving, leads).
- Educate team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Build an innovative team of top talent motivated around driving SMB customer advocacy and making them fall in love with GitLab
- Design and implement new ways of engaging with our SMB customers and ensuring their success, including role definitions, coverage and technology.
- Build, experiment and optimize playbooks for SMB Advocates to adopt in their low-touch, high-value functional and technical engagement with customers throughout their journey (consideration, conversion, adoption, expansion and renewal)
- Work cross-functionally to develop and operationalize strategies for new customer acquisition
- Proactively identify strategies, gaps and opportunities to influence product, marketing and GTM to drive SMB success, capturing feedback and acting as the voice of the SMB customer
Regional Manager, Digital SMB Requirements
- Experience selling to SMBs; willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and sell
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Strong presentation skills; Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others
- Experience leading a front line customer facing team and owning key business performance outcomes. Proven track record of leadership driving innovation and change.
- Great project management skills. Ability to pull together disparate requirements, get agreement on priorities, communicate clearly and drive timelines.
- Strong analytical skills and structured thinking. You know how to use data from disparate sources into a vision for what we should do.
- Ability to develop and foster relations across the organization. (Including sales, product, marketing, customer success)
- Resourcefulness to get things done cross-functionally. Operational execution and troubleshooting by identifying issues as they surface; proposing and executing changes to fix root causes.
- Experience with GitLab use cases (SCM, CI, CD, DevSecOps, Agile Planning) to provide in-depth guidance and enablement
- Knowledge and understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle, continuous integration, continuous deployment and cloud computing
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.