VP, Investor Relations
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Investor Relations drives the strategy and long-term market positioning of GitLab in the public financial markets.
This position works closely with senior leadership across the company including interaction with the executive team. This position will be responsible for developing and executing an effective investor communications strategy, performing financial analysis, and maintaining strong relationships with investors, investment banks and analysts.
The VP of Investor Relations is expected to be deeply immersed in GitLab’s values of transparency and efficiency and has a passionate point of view of how to incorporate those values into GitLab’s investor relations strategy and process.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Develop long term relationships with industry analysts and investors to communicate the company’s financial results and strategic positioning.
- Design the quarterly earnings process and Q&A topics in partnership with CEO, CFO and executive team.
- Execute on the company’s investor education strategy to ensure the GitLab story is well positioned to the top 30 software IPO investors.
- Serve as a key advisor to the CFO on issues involving analyst and investor perception of the long term growth and health of the business.
- Serve as an on-the-record spokesperson with industry analysts, to advance corporate brand narratives with financial data & insights.
- Monitor industry developments and market trends, develop executive summaries for senior leadership and the Board of Directors on peer company news, financial and market share performance.
- Maintain strong relationships with investors by coordinating efficient and effective education events; identify speaking opportunities for e-goup members to position the company favorably at important events.
- Manage information necessary for preparation of strategic financial and investor communications
- Prepare quarterly earnings release materials including press releases, conference call scripts, Q&A and slide presentation; prepare other financial press releases and supplemental materials.
- Liaise with Analyst and Media Relations and Corporate Communications on materials such as press and earnings releases, for dissemination to the public.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience leading the Investor Relations function at a public technology company, preferably in the SaaS space
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail to drive program management and execution
- Extensive track record of building high-quality and complex spreadsheets, models and presentations
- Superb analytical skills, technical aptitude and executive presence
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, and/or similar analytical packages a plus
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.