Manager, Engineering - Development, Create: Code Review
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
As an Engineering Manager for the Create: Code Review team, you have the unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking environment focused on revolutionizing the code review process. The team's dedication to real-time updates, integration with AI, and innovative design concepts offers a chance to contribute to cutting-edge advancements in software development. With a strong emphasis on collaboration and technical excellence, joining this team means working alongside talented peers and learning from diverse expertise.
Additionally, the team's commitment to personal growth and mentorship provides a platform for career development. Overall, this role offers the chance to make a meaningful impact and be part of a team shaping the future of software engineering practices.
What you’ll do
- Build, mentor, grow, and lead a team of engineering professionals
- Drive the technical roadmap in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Identify project risks, dependencies, and resources needed across complex initiatives
- Use data to make decisions and influence your own team and stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- The ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Experience with navigating complex projects that have a business-wide impact
- The ability to oversee multiple projects touching multiple teams in a data-driven environment
- Experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails.
About the team
The primary focus of this team to enable software engineers to Review code, discuss changes, share knowledge, and identify defects in code among distributed teams via asynchronous review and commenting. The team also ensures that users can automate, track and report code reviews.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.