Senior Localization Content Manager (Japan)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Localization Content Manager to oversee the Japanese content strategy and pipelines for interdepartmental stakeholders at GitLab. As the senior content manager for Japan, you will be the steward of the GitLab voice in Japanese and fill a crucial role in our growth strategy for the market. You are the point person for offering advice on content governance and market approach, while ensuring brand integrity and consistency across our globally dispersed team and multiple content publishing workstreams. You will join a team that is passionate about delivering on highly visible projects that contribute to an exceptional developer and partner experience with an emphasis on growing our business in Japan.
The Senior Localization Content Manager for Japan is passionate about improving the user experience and market growth with properly localized and locally specific assets. You will help grow and develop the GitLab brand for the Japanese speaking audience and play an essential part in ensuring our success in Japan.
What you’ll do
- Define the content strategy for your market in close collaboration with regional stakeholders and the partner ecosystem, with particular emphasis on organic traffic and optimization for search (SEO)
- Manage editorial calendar for your market and report regularly on the status and performance of projects to key stakeholders
- Oversee a cadence of experiments with a focus on improving conversions, adoption, and growth
- Identify, develop, and implement content opportunities across channels backed up with timely and informative reporting
- Lead the work of outsourced suppliers and promote a positive environment for other team members that fosters collaboration on content development processes
- Interface with regional executive management as needed to coordinate strategic efforts with both local and global teams
- Participate in market research activities and develop ideas to improve the impact of content on our funnel performance
- Asses, hire, and manage freelance translators and writers to scale and support your program
- Help define and evangelize the GitLab brand with market specific style guides and other documentation on voice and tone to ensure a consistent content and product experience
- Collaborate closely with teams dedicated to English content streams to ensure strategic alignment and that processes are followed where necessary
What you’ll bring
- 3-5 years experience with content creation, localization, and copywriting, especially as pertains to the tech industry
- Experience with all components of interdepartmental localized collateral, including product, marketing, and support
- Able to manage the work of numerous suppliers, including copywriters, language services provider’s teams, and direct contractors
- Experience overseeing the end-to-end in-language customer journey, with an eye toward UX and impact to business
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Deep understanding of market with an emphasis on local expectations and trends
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.