Director of Alliances Partnerships (Cloud)
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Director of Alliance Partnerships, Cloud
Remote, North America
An overview of this role
GitLab is looking for a Director of Cloud Partnerships supporting GitLab’s largest and most strategic cloud partnerships. In this role you must be able to develop and maintain broad and deep external partner relations in all solutions areas; you’re knowledgeable of the partner’s propositions, their markets, business challenges and customer opportunities; ensures partner account of the vision, strategies and capabilities of the alliance; you’ll maintain updates to the partner of the latest developments of their alliance account; provide feedback to the partners if needed; develop and execute strategy plans within the market needs; build multi-level relationships with partners including those in the executive level; produce high-quality leads through constant engagements with partners in terms of marketing strategies; and coordinate with internal resources to launch partner sales planning efforts of the company. This role is a 100% remote, preference for geographical location in the United States. This role will report into the VP of Alliances.
Some examples of our projects:
What you’ll do
- Identify and cultivate strategic relationships with current and potential cloud partners
- Develop and Execute annual partner plans including: collaboration plans, product adoption and customer success plans
- Lead and develop differentiated relationships between GitLab and our cloud partners’ teams. This includes executive leaders, product managers, engineering, sales and marketing.
- Be the central point of contact and advocacy at GitLab, orchestrating the partner engagements across the various departments: product, content, marketing, and sales
- Act as a liaison between internal teams at GitLab and cloud partners to communicate about feature requests, product roadmap, and how the alliance influences timing and direction.
- Lead with care, recognize individual contributions, give and seek timely feedback, ensuring the team is healthy and sustaining productive relationships
- Understand the relative strength of competitors and partners, if any.
- Evaluate effectivity of partner relationships and engagements in delivering positive ROI
- Develop and collaborate with GitLab stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, sales) actionable go to market plans for cloud partners.
- Ensure successful execution of marketing and sales acceleration programs, with a drive for measurable outcomes and revenue yield
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders to make ongoing program and project decisions, leverage insights from the team, and make recommendations and/or decisions when issues arise
- Identify new opportunities for quality, high ROI engagements with cloud partners
- Speak regularly in public as the voice for GitLab and the partner
What you’ll bring
- You have well established network of peers at Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft (Azure) Cloud
- You know the DevOps software ecosystem like the back of your hand
- You’re comfortable with code, and enjoy talking with developers and engineering directors alike
- You’ve shown that you can build long term (international) strategic relationships, preferably involving open source software, cloud and hyperscalers, and other cloud native
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab (our product)
- Communicate strategic information and context from the company and organization to the team and other stakeholders
- Empower people to execute against their priorities and hold them accountable for success
- Serve as a subject matter expert (AWS, GCP, Azure) within the team and provide consultation on domain-level projects
- Lead problem definition and requirements gathering that can frame high-level goals of ambiguous projects and drive reasonable solutions
About the team
GitLab’s Alliances Team Mission
“To go fast, go alone. To go far, go together.” - Proverb
At GitLab, we collaborate with well-respected, industry-leading cloud, platform and technology providers across all major industries to deliver the best curated modern devops platform. Our partners are a critical element of GitLab’s mission: to enable our customers with modern software-driven experiences, and to ensure “Everyone Can Contribute” through a robust and thriving partner ecosystem that cultivates innovation and stimulates transformation. Together, we can help enterprises lead the digital transformation necessary to compete effectively in the market today.
The commitment to helping customers and partners succeed - how we contribute our time, technology and know-how to improve the communities where we work and live and grow our business - is a journey that is transparent, ethical and honorable. We demand high performance and high standards from ourselves and our partners.
We look forward to working with you - to build and deliver the solutions that delight customers.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?