Manager, IT Enterprise Applications Engineer
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Manager, IT Enterprise Applications Engineering is a grade 8 and reports to the Director, Enterprise Applications.
Manager, IT Enterprise Applications Engineering Responsibilities
Extends the IT Enterprise Applications Engineer responsibilities:
- Business Partnership: Influences leadership within the cross-functional team and assists in roadmap planning. Solid relationships with key stakeholders at the VP level.
- Business Operations: Analyze and plan improvements in technical implementations to continue to deliver value to business partners. Drive the business to adopt recommended technical solutions
- Document related processes and technical configurations in the handbook.
- Technical Delivery: Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to delivery teams. Drives adoption of technology and process changes. Drive end to end delivery on large, complex, cross-functional projects across multiple systems or integrations with minimal oversight. Proactively provides recommendations for system improvements.
- Project Management: Run the technical implementation of large-sized projects which improve our ability to make better data driven insights, or make the company more efficient. Drive intake and prioritization process for functional areas of expertise.
- Communication: Target audience Director, Sr. Director, VP, with presentations targeted to CFO staff for critical projects.
- Mentorship: Build and manage global teams. Guide and coach team members. Mentors junior team members and models GitLab values for the team.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience. 5-7 years of experience implementing, configuring, customizing and integrating SaaS software Eg: SalesForce, DocuSign CLM, Netsuite, Zuora Billing, Zuora Revenue, Coupa, Zip, Navan, Workday, ADP, eTrade etc.
- Be a self-starter, and thrive in a fast paced environment, customer centric and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills, resilient under pressure, able to meet deadlines and able to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices with systems that handle sensitive data.
Support Operations support the global Support team to achieve the following performance indicators by ensuring we have the most efficient workflows through our applications;
Learn more about Leadership at GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to a 45 minute interview with a senior member of the team.
- Second round interviews will involve interviews with 2 SMEs in the Business and or IT Team.
- Third round interview is with the Senior Director, Enterprise Applications.
- At the final stage candidates will meet with the VP of IT.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. Candidates will have access to the compensation calculator after an initial screen conversation with a member of our recruiting team. Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Something looks off?