Sr. Electrical Engineer, Power System
Fourier is working on making on-site Hydrogen universally accessible. Our breakthrough architecture enables highly modular and fully automated electrolyzers that scale to any size and optimize efficiency at all loads. We are on a mission to transition the global energy landscape towards a purely sustainable and emission free future.
About the Role
We are looking for a full time Sr. Electrical Engineer to work on conceptualization and development of new products through design of circuits and complex systems, writing software/firmware, finding/fixing bugs, rapid proof-of-concept design and development of prototypes. In this role, you’ll also be responsible for supporting setting up a lab for electronic design and prototyping.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design electronic circuits including power supplies and controllers.
- Simulation of circuits
- Design and test circuit board prototypes and complex electromechanical systems
- Oversee procurement and assembly of electrical components.
- Plan, oversee, and help with bench testing for performance analysis
- Develop firmware for embedded controllers.
- Hands-on design/troubleshooting of hardware.
- Work independently and exercise judgment in making design changes.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or another field relevant to the essential functions of this job description from a four-year college or university OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. A Masters degree in Electronics/Electrical engineering is a plus.
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design, component selection and prototyping
- Knowledge of design of power supplies is required
- Knowledge of power conversion circuits and topologies is highly desirable (Buck/Boost/Buck-Boost)
- Knowledge of printed circuit board (PCB) design using popular CAD packages
- Hands on experience creating systems using microcontrollers and writing firmware
- Simulation of electronic circuits using PSpice/LTspice/Simplis
- Knowledge of Python, Matlab/MathCAD, or other common tools for design calculations
- Knowledge of use of lab equipment including soldering stations, data acquisition systems, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers etc.
- Familiarity with EMI/EMC/Safety Regulatory Compliance is desirable
- Experience designing and building magnetics (chokes/transformers) is highly desirable
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
What we offer
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
- Paid sick days and vacation
Something looks off?