Senior Salesforce Developer
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer to help us evolve our Salesforce CRM to the next level to meet the needs of our rapidly scaling global business. You are a highly skilled Salesforce technology professional capable of working across all levels of the organization and are adept at crafting, implementing and evolving out of the box and custom solutions that employ best practices for systems integration (API and IPaaS Solutions) across the SFDC ecosystem. At Fivetran, we use Salesforce CPQ and Billing as our source of truth for our organization, you will bring a sound understanding of usage based models and billing processes/operations as they apply to usage rating, order orchestration, activation, revenue recognition, invoice generation, payment processing, and general ledger (GL) processing and management.
You will work closely with our current Systems Operations team along with our cross functional stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, Sales, Analytics, Product, Customer Success & Engineering to ensure we are leveraging Salesforce as our source of truth across the organization.
You’ll also be responsible for ensuring the technical excellence of your team and owned services, through design reviews, code reviews and our approval process; contributing to architectural designs; and mentoring your junior colleagues.
This is a high visibility role within the organization with an incredible opportunity to drive impact and value quickly.
This is a full-time position based out of our Serbia office.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Lightning Web Components (LWC), HTML,
- Salesforce APIs, Python, Git,
- consuming and invoking web services utilizing WCF, REST, SOAP, XML, JSON.
What You’ll Do
- Design and write complex code to create production level applications and solutions for the Salesforce platform using Apex, Lightning Web Components and Visualforce.
- Research new solutions and write code to create prototypes of new concepts for potential production level implementation.
- Analyze, write and convert user stories into detailed work requirements, plan out and write code to implement requirements in collaboration with sponsor and stakeholder vision.
- Conduct and participate in regular design and code reviews of work to assure quality code is being created with detection and correction of issues and security gaps.
- Develop and test solutions on the Salesforce platform using Source-driven development with Git, Copado or similar version control system.
- Working within the development team’s deployment pipeline and related suite of automated build, test, and deployment tools.
- Contributing to the improvement of our continuous integration and delivery practices to help automate repeatable deployment tasks.
- Provide maintenance and support for the development efforts on Salesforce.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Systems Team to discuss progress, current and upcoming development projects, and issues that need to be resolved.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to scope, design, document and deliver/implement complex solutions to meet the needs of the business.
Skills We’re Looking For
- 5+ years in Salesforce development (Apex, Visualforce, LWC, etc.).
- Salesforce Developer I & II certifications.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working with Salesforce DevOps tooling to manage and deploy components between environments.
- Proven experience in Agile/Scrum processes, provides regular updates on tickets, and works to resolve blockers and manage dependencies.
- Advanced expertise developing, testing, troubleshooting, and orchestrating Salesforce Flows.
- Proven track record of developing performant Apex components to enable efficient, asynchronous processing of high volumes of records while respecting platform governor limits and gracefully handling errors.
- Proven experiencing developing meaningful Apex tests that validate functionality as a first concern while also providing code coverage.
- Experience in engaging with business stakeholders for requirements, acceptance criteria, and solution demonstrations.
- Ability to collaborate in a highly geographically dispersed team environment.
- Salesforce Administration experience
- Experience with design and implementation of product promotions.
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification
- Salesforce CPQ Specialist Certification
- Experience with developing, enhancing, and supporting event-driven architecture between Salesforce and external products
- Proven experience developing programmatic components to extend Salesforce Enterprise Territory Management functionality.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.