Senior Product Designer
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to take our core experience to the next level! You will shape the future of the Fivetran data pipeline platform for businesses and see your work drive real business and impact. You will be diving deep into the daily lives of our users and ensuring they are set up for success. You’ll balance analytics and user research to identify user problems and identify opportunities. Taking the lead on solving complex user problems should excite you and get your creative juices flowing. We value those that hit the ground running, leading by example on projects and collaborating well cross-functionally.
As you talk with our team, your portfolio should contain case studies that demonstrate strong storytelling skills, use of effective design methodologies, and clear results from your work.
Fivetran has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We appreciate designers who are curious, humble, think deeply, speak clearly, and thrive on collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a hello with links to your work and experience!
This is a full-time, hybrid role based in Toronto.
What You’ll Do
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience and champion your ideas across the company by driving UX strategies and creating experience visions for your product area
- Create compelling designs that focus on rapidly delivering business value through iteration while ensuring a high-quality experience
- Collaborate closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers who are passionate about the user’s experience
- Use analytics and user research to understand our users deeply, build empathy for their needs, advocate for them, and deliver impactful experiences that connect their goals to business needs
- Partner on requirements discussions with stakeholders to create alignment on design solutions
- Approach designs from a systems perspective, developing patterns that get adopted by others
- Mentor other designers within the product design team
Skills We’re Looking For
- Ability to lead customer research, customer validation, concept design, usability testing, and other modern design practices
- Ability to drive and land UX strategy for complex design problems
- A proven track record and strong portfolio featuring examples of your work, your design process, and the outcomes/results
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a bias toward action – there’s tons of greenfield opportunity here, and you’ll need to lean into the ambiguity and lead projects to completion
- Ability to craft engaging presentations with engrossing stories that influence stakeholders and audiences at all levels of the organization
- Driven by a deep understanding of how products get used, concept validation, contextual inquiry, and usability testing
- Excitement for the chance to shape the design culture at a growing company and to inspire people with your unique perspective
- Experience working with technical B2B/SaaS/enterprise products
- A desire to have fun while building a great product!
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.