Software Engineer II
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a talented Software Engineer with a passion for building enterprise grade software to join the Performance Engineering team in the Platform Group. You will be focusing on developing world-class enterprise capabilities and features in support of our largest and most sophisticated customers. The work we do is both highly visible and critically important to the long term growth and success of Fivetran. You will have an impact across the entire product as we develop our next generation of enterprise, data governance, and solutions engineering offerings.
As a Software Engineer in our Performance Engineering Team, your primary focus will be to ensure that our product base meets or exceeds performance standards driving the performance of the entire product base. This involves designing and executing performance tests, analyzing data to identify performance issues, and resolving these issues. Additionally you will monitor the system performance over time, identify trends and recommend improvements. You will collaborate with fellow Staff and Senior engineers on ideas, designs, and code reviews. The ideal candidate is highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office.
Technologies You’ll Use
- Java17, JUnit5
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- New Relic
What You’ll Do
- Develop and Debug code to identify and fix performance issues
- Analyze production workloads and system performance metrics to identify performance bottlenecks in our system.
- Build proof of concepts and translate successful ones into solutions to maximize Fivetran product’s performance and efficiency.
- Build and maintain a platform that focuses on improving the performance, resilience and quality of Fivetran products.
- Impact Fivetran business across product verticals through the work you do.
- Develop deep expertise in Fivetran's Product, Infrastructure, and Platform.
- Communicate, coordinate, and align strategy with the engineering team members; make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices, and processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Developers, Product, SRE) across the organization.
- Actively engage with fellow engineers in design and code reviews to ensure we deliver performant solutions that improves the product’s efficiency
Skills We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in the software industry with a passion for solving complex software engineering problems.
- Software engineering foundation - experience designing and developing reusable libraries and experimentation platforms for backend and frontend from scratch leveraging industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with OOP, preferably Java.
- Hands-on experience working with any cloud technologies(AWS, GCP,Azure) and containerization methodologies like Docker, K8s.
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like CircleCI/Jenkins.
- Knowledge of observability tools like New Relic, Splunk, DataDog is a plus
- Knowledge of Data Engineering is a plus
- Performance Engineering background - experience analyzing, troubleshooting and automating performance workloads on large scale systems
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.