Customer Support Engineer
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a Customer Support Engineer for our Database Team. At Fivetran, our Customer Support Engineers (CSEs) take on exciting technical challenges while partnering with internal and external stakeholders to drive issues to a timely resolution. As a Support Engineer, you will partner with some of the most passionate teams in the world, our customer teams, to deliver a best-in-class experience. Through a collaborative and holistic approach that is focused on the resolution and prevention of issues, our CSEs as our customer’s technical champion within Fivetran.
This is a full-time position based out of our Toronto, Canada office.
What You’ll Do
- Provide virtual technical support to Fivetran customers and partners.
- Work closely with Fivetran customers and other stakeholders to ensure high customer satisfaction and timely resolution of reported issues.
- Investigate and Troubleshoot technical issues within the Fivetran environment using logs, internal/external tools, and foundational knowledge of our product and technologies.
- Work closely with Fivetran’s Dev team to identify and resolve bugs and issues impacting Fivetran customers.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the Fivetran Database Connectors and related technologies.
- Document any known or newly identified solutions in our knowledge base and share this knowledge across the team.
- Collaborate with teammates on technical and non-technical projects.
Skills We’re Looking For
- Total relevant work experience - 3+ years
- Strong Customer Advocacy skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with several of the following technologies/skills:
- SQL Databases.
- Familiarity with incremental logging / change data capture is a plus.
- At least one of the predominant cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Network Troubleshooting, including SSH tunneling and VPNs.
- Understanding of Networking fundamentals and the TCP/IP model.
- Fundamentals of Data Warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Basic ability to read and understand Java / C++ (or any programming language) and experience in reading and analyzing Java stack traces and exceptions.
- Familiarity with reading Logs to investigate and identify issues.
- Comfortable navigating GitHub and submitting Pull Requests.
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem-solving, and issue resolution
- Ability to function in highly collaborative environments in a global team.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.