Customer Support Engineer - Databases
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran Support partners with some of the most passionate teams in the world, our customer’s teams, to deliver a best in class experience. Via a collaborative and holistic approach that is focused not only on resolution but also prevention of future issues, the Senior Customer Support Engineer (CSE) acts as our customer’s technical champion within Fivetran. At Fivetran our CSE’s take on exciting technical challenges while partnering with customers both internal and external to drive issues to an outcome that exceeds expectations.
The Customer Support team is responsible for creating solutions and providing excellent experience for every customer. As a Senior Customer Support Engineer you will be working with new and existing customers in a highly technical capacity, ensuring success for our existing valued customers. This is a full time position based out of our Dublin office.
This is a full-time position based out of our Dublin office.
Technologies You’ll Use
- AWS, GCP, New Relic,
- SQL and No-SQL Databases,
- REST APIs, CLI, Java
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Fivetran customers and other stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of reported incidents.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer cases, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and case resolution.
- Provide troubleshooting support to Fivetran customers and partners via multiple channels (web, email, phone, virtual meetings, etc).
- Investigate incidents utilising the Fivetran environment, connectors, logs, and other troubleshooting tools.
- Onboard new team members in your pod.
- Act as Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Share and communicate roadmaps with external teams, as well as, understand & align team goals to deliver results efficiently.
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation once per quarter.
- Collaborate with teammates on technical and non-technical projects.
Skills We’re Looking For
- Strong Customer Advocacy skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and issue resolution.
- Solid experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL) and SQL commands/ functions and procedures.
- Solid networking troubleshooting abilities and understanding of the TCP/IP model.
- Passion for building a positive culture where we leave our ego at the door.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and function in global arenas.
- Experience building or troubleshooting APIs.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts.
- Comfortable navigating Github and submitting pull requests.
Second language is a huge plus - we have a global customer base!
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.