Product Manager - Files & Event Streams
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. As a data movement platform, Fivetran is moving critical data on behalf of our customers to help power analytical and operational use cases. Fivetran's files & event stream connectors enable customers to centralize their data from sources such as S3, GCS, Azure Blob Storage, Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, etc.
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto, Canada.
What You'll Do
- Manage Fivetran's files and event stream source connectors and contribute to strategic decisions on growing and improving that portfolio
- Build the vision, strategy, and roadmap for this product area
- Learn what questions analysts are trying to answer, prioritize new data sources and new product capabilities they need to drive analytical success
- Work directly with engineering teams to ensure Fivetran is delivering the highest quality data possible
- Your guiding metric will be the volume of data flowing through Fivetran's file and event stream connectors
Skills We're Looking For
- Proven track record of shipping data products that deliver measurable results.
- Experience in product management
- Working with data excites you!
- Proven ability to develop deep customer empathy and articulate customer problems
- Demonstrated experience using data analytics to help drive decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a talented team of engineers and designers effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a confirmed ability to influence stakeholders
- High technical and analytical acumen
- Familiarity with leading user research discussions
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Experience performing deep data analyses on a wide range of data sets
- Experience as a data analyst, data engineer, data scientist, or software engineer
- History of working in a high-growth company or in an enterprise software company
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.