VP of Business Development
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran automates data movement out of, into and across cloud data platforms. We automate the most time-consuming parts of the ELT process from extracts to schema drift handling to transformations, so data engineers can focus on higher-impact projects with total pipeline peace of mind. With 99.9% uptime and self-healing pipelines, Fivetran enables hundreds of leading brands across the globe, including Autodesk, Condé Nast, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Morgan Stanley and Pitney Bowes, to accelerate data-driven decisions and drive business growth. Fivetran is headquartered in Oakland, California, with offices around the world.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Vice President of Sales/Business Development to lead our enterprise market expansion efforts and manage a team of dedicated, global sales and business development professionals. This role will act as a leader of leaders responsible for inbound lead follow-up, outbound prospecting, opportunity and pipeline creation.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales and business development strategy to penetrate the global enterprise market, identifying key verticals, target accounts, and opportunities for growth
- Monitor and report on sales performance metrics, providing regular updates to the executive team
- Own the setting, distribution and management of global team quotas including tracking, reporting and forecasting
- Lead, coach, and manage a diverse sales team of 50 individuals, providing guidance, mentorship, and support to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Build and maintain strong relationships with C-level executives, decision-makers, and stakeholders within enterprise organizations to drive business development and sales activities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, product, and operations teams to ensure alignment and execution of go-to-market strategies
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, and accountability
- Deliver on monthly, quarterly and annual opportunity and pipeline quotas
- Own lead and opportunity conversion rate goals
- Manage weekly and monthly forecasting calls and reporting
Skills We're Looking For
- Smart, collaborative, you are a team player and focused on delivering successful results, understanding how to achieve them and how to scale them
- Data driven, and comfortable digging into data to discover patterns and trends that fuel success
- Ability to act as both player and coach when needed
- You are the domain expert for sales and business development and the crucial position this team plays in turning customers interest into viable sales opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field strongly preferred; MBA a plus
- Proven track record of at least 10 years in sales and business development, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated success in leading sales/business development teams and achieving opportunity, pipeline and conversion rate targets
- Experience managing and leading a geographically dispersed sales team of 50 or more individuals
- Strategic thinker with a strong business acumen, capable of analyzing market trends and identifying growth opportunities
- Results-driven mindset, with a history of consistently achieving and exceeding sales targets
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the target position and level. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Our job titles may span more than one career level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, business need, market demands. The pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
This range represents base salary only and does not include incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits, if applicable.
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.