Technical Lead (Database)- Customer Support Engineering
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran Support partners with some of the most passionate teams in the world, our customer’s teams, to deliver a best in class experience. Via a collaborative and holistic approach that is focused not only on resolution but also prevention of future issues the Lead Customer Support Engineer (CSE) acts as our customer’s technical champion within Fivetran. At Fivetran our CSE’s take on exciting technical challenges while partnering with customers both internal and external to drive issues to an outcome that exceeds expectations.The Customer Support team is responsible for creating solutions and providing excellent experiences for every customer.
As a Lead Customer Support Engineer you will be working with new and existing customers in a highly technical capacity, ensuring successful onboarding of new customers and continued success for existing valued customers.
This is a full time position based out of our Bengaluru office. This role will require working during fixed evening/ night IST hours ( preferably 7PM - 4AM or 5PM to 2AM shift and occasionally 24X7).
- In conjunction with leadership and management, you will need to partner with engineering to design troubleshooting tools, alerts and notifications to improve our ability to support our customers.
- Help define and improve processes.
- Lead and drive technical and non-technical projects in your pod.
- Lead and drive customer escalations in your pod.
- Onboard and coach new team members in your pod.
- Act as Subject Matter Experts (SME) and share knowledge within your pod.
- Identify and proactively support Fivetran customers and partners via multiple channels (web, email, phone, virtual meetings, etc.)
- Help customers round the clock and should be willing to work in shifts in a 24x7 work environment.
- Share and communicate roadmaps with external teams, as well as, understand & align team goals to deliver results efficiently.
- Total relevant work experience - 8+ yrs
- Strong Customer Advocacy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and issue resolution
- Combination of empathy and confidence to lead escalations in your pod
- Lead pods with a passion for building a positive culture where we leave our ego at the door with a selfless attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and function in global arenas
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to details
- Ability to read and understand advanced level Java/ C++ (any programming language) and solid experience in reading and analyzing Java stack traces and exceptions
- Solid experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL) and SQL commands/ functions and procedures
- Solid experience in data migration, data warehousing, DBA level activities such as database performance tuning, upgrades, logging etc in Postgres, Oracle, Mysql, SQL Server, or Mongo or data replication using MySQL binary logs, Mongo’s oplogs etc
- Excellent networking troubleshooting abilities related to SSH, TCP/ IP protocols and AWS security groups
- Experience building or troubleshooting APIs
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concept
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Recharge, reenergize, and pursue personal and professional goals with a 30 day paid leave after 5 years
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.