Senior International Accountant
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for an exceptional Sr. International Accountant, to join its fast growing Accounting team. This role will be a significant contributor to the success of the accounting department. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting systems, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of efficient financial close and reporting processes. You pay great attention to detail, deliver results under deadlines and work effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment.
The ideal candidate is someone who strives for operational excellence. You invest time in defining and documenting processes to not only proactively address current process gaps but to also to get ahead of new processes required to support Fivetran’s continued growth.
This is a full-time position based out of our Bangalore office.
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for our Indian entity and support multiple other entities across EMEA & APAC from a US GAAP and statutory reporting perspective
- Prepare and post journal entries in Netsuite for these entities as well as monitor postings done by other accounting functions
- Hands-on performance of month-end close activities. Make sure that all deadlines are met and proactively review balances before closing
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS or applicable local GAAP
- Support the Statutory Audit process and ensure timely and accurate preparation of audit deliverables
- Review the work of our outsourced partners and closely manage service levels
- Identify and drive process improvements and automation initiatives to reduce manual effort and drive toward Global standardization
- Manage processes related to invoicing, tax payments, statistical filings and other obligatory filings
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting acumen to be able to conclude on accounting treatment of complex transactions;
- Partner with key stakeholders including Tax, FP&A, Legal and Sales & Marketing teams
- Support ad-hoc projects as required
Skills We're Looking For:
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Minimum 3 years of PQE, preferably gained within a Big Four firm and / or a multinational organization
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and local GAAPs
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience as a team player, who is comfortable working as part of a larger team located across multiple geographic locations
- Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
- A desire to work in a hyper-growth, quick paced, exciting business environment
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran's benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.
Something looks off?