Senior backend engineer
At Finom, we're not just a tech company; we're pioneers in setting new standards on how finances can and should be managed in this modern world – as easily as using your smartphone. We're on a mission to empower small businesses, the cornerstone of the European economy, with cutting-edge technology.
In just the past year, we've experienced exponential growth, quadrupling our presence and expanding into new countries. Our footprint now spans across the European Union, with operations in Germany, Spain, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, and Poland.
If you're passionate about tech, finance, and making a real impact, we invite you to explore the exciting opportunities waiting for you at Finom. Join us in simplifying business management processes and allowing entrepreneurs to focus exclusively on what matters most – their core business. Be a part of our journey as we shape the future of finance and business in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Senior backend engineer to improve, maintain, and develop the best security practices for the world's most innovative product. If you're ready to take on the challenge of working with the best product and technology stack in the world, read on.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Develop new and maintain existing microservices.
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining high-quality financial services for small and medium-sized businesses in European countries using the C# programming language and .NET Core platform.
- Managing the technical development team, including task allocation, code quality control, and ensuring timely delivery; code review;
- Making strategic technical decisions, considering product requirements and business goals, as well as optimizing system performance and scalability.
Our technology stack: .net core, PostgreSQL, Redis, rabbitmq, Kafka, GitLab, googlecloud, aws, k8s.
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledge of the principles and practical experience in the application of OOP, SOLID, microservice architecture;
- Excellent knowledge of .NET(.Net Core), C#;
- At least 5 years experience as a backend developer
- Knowledge of English for fluent reading of technical documentation;
- Desirable: Ability to write tests.
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
Combining Work and Socializing
Discover the perfect fusion of work and social engagement with our hybrid working approach. Join us in our elegant offices situated along the picturesque Mediterranean Coast in Paphos, Cyprus, and in the heart of Europe, including Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Poland, and Spain. Enjoy the flexibility of travelling and working fully remotely from time to time.
Work & Swim Program
Immerse yourself in our exclusive Work & Swim Program. Spend one month in a comfortable corporate apartment in enchanting Cyprus. It's the ideal opportunity to strike the perfect work-life balance while enjoying the breathtaking Mediterranean views.
Embrace Entrepreneurship and Focus on Our Collective PRIZE
Unlock your inner entrepreneur and align your aspirations with ours through our Stock Options Program. This exciting opportunity is available to every member of our company, from junior team members to our founders. Together, we work tirelessly toward a shared PRIZE.
Experience Continuous Growth
Our company is on an upward trajectory, and so are you. We provide you with the resources and opportunities for continuous personal and professional growth.
The Opportunity to Make a Genuine Impact
Join us in shaping the future. We cherish innovative ideas and boldly experiment with new technologies, tools, and methodologies. We actively encourage your participation in making a substantial impact.
Receive Unwavering Support and Care
At our company, you're never alone. We're dedicated to your well-being and success, offering constant support and care throughout your journey with us.
Your application will be reviewed and if successful, a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch within the next few days.
Standard interview process:
- Application Review - 3 - 5 days
- Recruiter Interview - 30 min -45 min
- Hiring Manager Interview - 45 min - 1 hour
- Test Task - up to 1 hour
- Final Interview - 45 min - 1 hour
Please note the order and duration of each step can vary depending on the type of position and seniority level.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Finom, we're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We embrace diversity and invite applications from all walks of life. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.