Financial Crime Subject Matter Expert
At Finom we are setting new standards for doing business, demonstrating how finances can and should be managed in this modern world – as easily as using your smartphone.
We are currently in the process of rapid growth (x4 in last year), and launched our business in 3 new countries, with our presence across the EU now including Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium and Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Financial Crime Subject Matter Expert to join our innovative and dynamic Risk and Compliance team. In this role, you will be responsible for the FinCrime Scenario Library which lies at the core of our unique FinCrime Risk Management System. Are you keen on redefining how Financial Crime is done in the financial industry? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, compliance-focused environment? Then this is an excellent opportunity to make a significant impact.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Establish the framework and underlying processes for the development of a scenario-based Risk Management System in Transaction Monitoring and CDD domains;
- Assemble and ensure continuous enrichment of the scenarios library of Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, Sanctions Evasion, and Fraud relevant for Finom;
- Assemble and ensure continuous enrichment of the scenarios library of fraud against Finom’s customers;
- Work closely with machine learning engineers in the team on creating rules and detectors in TM based on advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to detect Financial crime (money laundering, terrorism financing, fraud), and participate in the model validation.
- Active participation in improving the Transaction Monitoring and CDD Risk engine by producing business requirements for new features (implementation of scenarios library into specific transaction monitoring techniques);
- Responsible for ongoing improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of Finom FinCrime Monitoring systems;
- Establish effective communication with stakeholders: product team (on producing business requirements and managing the roadmap), Risk Management (implementation of risk scenarios), Quality Assurance (implement best practices in reviewing alerts based on the ML/FT scenarios);
- Participation in SIRA and General Risk Assessment review cycle;
- Assist in drafting, testing, and reviewing system requirements for new compliance-related features, as well as procedures and manuals within the department;
- Conduct regular internal AML training: conduct training on specific typologies of financial crime as well as general compliance training
- Initiate and take responsibility for ad hoc project work within the department;
- Performing other duties as reasonably required for the operational efficiency of Finom (pro-actively deemed necessary by the employee) or/and as communicated by the manager.
WHO YOU ARE
- English – full working proficiency; Dutch is preferable;
- 2 years of proven experience in the 2nd of Defense: Anti Financial Crime or Compliance Department, in a regulated financial institution or 3 years in the first line;
- Thorough and specific knowledge of typologies of money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions, and fraud;
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter;
- Critical and analytical thinking;
- Start-up oriented, proactive, result-driven, and capable of working under own initiative and little supervision;
What You Will Get In Return
Combining Work and Socialising
Discover the perfect fusion of work and social engagement with our hybrid working approach. Join us in our elegant offices situated along the picturesque Mediterranean Coast in Paphos, Cyprus, and in the heart of Europe, including Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Poland, and Spain. Enjoy the flexibility of traveling and working fully remotely from time to time.
Work & Swim Program
Immerse yourself in our exclusive Work & Swim Program. Spend one month in a comfortable corporate apartment in enchanting Cyprus. It's the ideal opportunity to strike the perfect work-life balance while enjoying the breathtaking Mediterranean views.
Embrace Entrepreneurship and Focus on Our Collective PRIZE
Unlock your inner entrepreneur and align your aspirations with ours through our Stock Options Program. This exciting opportunity is available to every member of our company, from junior team members to our founders. Together, we work tirelessly toward a shared PRIZE.
Experience Continuous Growth
Our company is on an upward trajectory, and so are you. We provide you with the resources and opportunities for continuous personal and professional growth.
The Opportunity to Make a Genuine Impact
Join us in shaping the future. We cherish innovative ideas and boldly experiment with new technologies, tools, and methodologies. We actively encourage your participation in making a substantial impact.
Receive Unwavering Support and Care
At our company, you're never alone. We're dedicated to your well-being and success, offering constant support and care throughout your journey with us.
Your application will be reviewed and if successful, a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch within the next few days.
Standard interview process:
- Application Review - 3 - 5 days
- Recruiter Interview - 30 min -45 min
- Hiring Manager Interview - 45 min - 1 hour
- Test Task - up to 1 hour
- Final Interview - 45 min - 1 hour
Just so you know, the order and duration of each step can vary depending on the type of position and seniority level.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Finom, we're an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We embrace diversity and invite applications from all walks of life. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status.