Money Laundering Reporting Officer
At Finom we are setting new standards for doing business, demonstrating how finances can and should be managed in this modern world – as easily as using your smartphone. We believe that small businesses are the foundation of the European economy. We came to bring the technologies of the future to simplify the business management processes of entrepreneurs, allowing them to focus exclusively on their core business.
We are currently in process of rapid growth (x4 in last year), and launched our business in 3 new countries, with our presence across the EU now including Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium and Poland.
Finom is registering a branch in France to offer local IBANs to French customers. It is mandatory to hire a person who would be registered as MLRO with the local regulator and the Financial Intelligence Unit. So we need purely a fincrime officer, who will be able to support CDD and TM blocks from the compliance perspective.
As a Money Laundering Reporting Officer, you will perform a wide range of 2nd Line of Defense tasks to ensure Finom remains compliant with applicable AML regulations. You will take an active part in developing an innovative, top-of-the-game Compliance department within Finom and take on the AML framework in France.
- Reviewing escalations of complex high-risk cases from the AML Team in the 1st Line (onboarding and transaction monitoring blocks);
- FIU Submissions and regulatory reporting to FIU France;
- Submission of reports to and other information requests from the ACPR;
- Perform regular Quality Assurance of the 1st Line;
- Ownership over the French CDD/TM/Sanctions Procedures;
- Assist in drafting, testing, and reviewing system requirements for new compliance-related features related to the CDD Risk Engine and TM block, as well as procedures, manuals, and guidelines within the department;
- Track regulatory developments and best practices in the AML domain and implement them where necessary;
- Conduct regular internal AML training;
- Participation in SIRA and General Risk assessment review cycle;
- Performing other duties as reasonably required for the operational efficiency of Finom (pro-actively deemed necessary by the employee) or/and as communicated by the manager.
- 1-2 years of proven experience in the 2nd of Defense: Compliance Department, in a regulated financial institution or 3-4 years in the first line in France;
- Thorough knowledge of the French AML framework;
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter;
- Critical and analytical thinking;
- Start-up oriented, proactive, result-driven, and capable of working under own initiative and little supervision;
- Knowledge of Data Protection would be considered an advantage but is not a blocker.
- Remote work and flexible schedule;
- The most modern development technologies;
- Ability to influence the processes in the company;
- Bonuses for project success;
- Friendly international team and interesting tasks;
- Attending trainings, conferences, improving English;
- Internal mentoring program for knowledge sharing.
Are you prepared to make a difference and influence the financial world?
🌟 Join us now!