Accounts Payable Specialist
FarMart is a modern food supply network connecting farming communities, food businesses, and consumers. We are seamlessly integrating food value chains. We source produce scalably via our first-mile platform, optimize processing through an asset-light model, and subsequently distribute finished food digitally. By consolidating complex supply and distribution channels on a single platform, we are changing the way food is bought and sold in India and the world. Our mission is to create more resilient, reliable, and rewarding food value chains for humanity. At FarMart, we're dedicated to building the good food economy.
We're proud to be backed by renowned venture capitalists, including General Catalyst, Matrix Partners, Omidyar Network, and Avaana Capital, who invest in sustainable and purpose-driven tech companies. Our trusted partners include industry leaders like ITC, Sugna, Adani, Olam, Britannia, Glencoe, and Coffeco, among many others.
Founded by childhood friends Alekh Sanghera and Mehtab Singh Hans in 2015, FarMart set out to create a scalable tech solution that would make farming a reputable, profitable, and preferred profession for the next generation. Since our launch in 2015, we've established partnerships with over 230,000 farm aggregators and have positively impacted the lives of 3.2 million farmers and more than 2,000 food businesses worldwide.
To learn more about us, you can refer to the following media coverage:
- Hindu Business Line
About the Role:
As an Accounts Payable specialist, you'll be responsible for performing various accounting and routine tasks to ensure the efficient maintenance and processing of transactions. Your attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to work efficiently and accurately processing payments under tight deadlines will be critical to your success.
- Reconciliation of vendor ledgers.
- Review and process vendor invoices with a keen eye for detail, ensuring accuracy and completeness in all transactions.
- Work collaboratively across teams to keep accounts up-to-date with all expenses and payments transactions to ensure that financial records are accurate and complete.
- Handle banking transactions and reconcile accounts to ensure that all financial records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Be well-versed in GST provisions related to accounts payable to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Calculate TDS (tax deducted at source), deposit payments, and prepare returns to ensure compliance with applicable tax laws.
- Ensure that proper provisions are booked in accounts to maintain accurate financial records and keep them up-to-date.
- Assistance in preparation of relevant schedules for MIS and audit.
Must have skills:
- 1 - 3 years in accounting or related field with BCom or MBA Degree
- Strong understanding of General Ledger system and Accounts Payable processing
- Strong organizational, analytical and recording skills and trading company experience
- Should be open to work in shifts
- Must have clear understanding of Procurement to pay cycle
Good to have skills:
- Good knowledge of Zoho and MS Excel
- Knowledge & understanding of entries for taking input credit of GST and general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of TDS/withholding tax provisions & process including for foreign payments
What we offer you:
- A flat and transparent culture with an incredibly high learning curve and a swanky informal workspace which defines our open and vibrant work culture
- Opportunity to solve new and challenging problems with a high scope of innovation, complete ownership of the product, chance to conceptualize and implement your solutions
- Opportunity to work with incredible peers and be a part of the Tech revolution
- Most importantly, a chance to be associated with big impact early in your career
If you're interested in exploring potential opportunities at FarMart or would like to have a quick chat, please share your contact number and resume, and I'll reach out to you.