Principal Cloud Architect
Job Title: Principal Cloud Architect
The Elevator Pitch
Evolv is looking for a top-notch Principal Cloud Architect / AWS Solutions Architect to be a technical leader and contributor in the Cloud Architecture and Engineering team. In this role, you will help increase productivity for developers, increase system uptime, and design the future framework for Evolv to scale and thrive.
As the Principal Cloud Architect, you will be a key stakeholder in automation, delivery, and compliance of our software to our secure and regulated environment.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Participate in “EvolvED”, a week-long orientation program for all new employees
- Meet leadership and various teams, sit in on meetings, learn and understand relevant architecture and process’ in use
- Become comfortable and familiar with our internal systems, processes, and people
- Become a contributor to our DevSecOps vision, architecture, and infrastructure designs
Within 3 months, you will:
- Manage and implement our resiliency and scale plans aligning to products roadmap
- Manage and implement security controls in regulated environments
- Assist in designing and implementing new secure and regulated environments
- Outline areas for improvement to remove bottlenecks and reduce friction
- Work on cross functional teams and projects delivering best in class solutions
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Design, enable, and deliver scalable and automated strategy – Infrastructure as Code
- Work with engineering teams to provide automation and tooling to deploy and manage applications
- Ensure availability, performance, security, and scalability of our AWS environments
- Maintain and deploy systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring of AWS environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems across various application domains and platforms
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Proven experience as a Cloud Architect with a focus on leading complex cloud projects.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and associated services.
- Strong understanding of cloud security, compliance, and best practices.
- Ability to translate business requirements into scalable and efficient cloud solutions.
- You will work with an established team of on-shore and off-shore resources who are experts in python-based Lambdas, infrastructure as code using Terraform, scalable Aurora PostgreSQL db instances, rich UIs built in React, and well-defined product requirements.
- Architectural Leadership:
- Develop and communicate the cloud architecture strategy, ensuring alignment with organizational objectives.
- Lead the design and implementation of robust, scalable, and secure cloud solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the cloud engineering team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, system engineers, and security experts, to integrate cloud solutions seamlessly.
- Drive optimization efforts to ensure cost-effectiveness, performance, and reliability of cloud infrastructure.
- Security and Compliance:
- Implement and enforce security measures to safeguard cloud infrastructure and data.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and internal security policies.
- Experience and understanding of highly regulated environments such as PCI or GovCloud/FedRamp desired
- Performance Monitoring and Troubleshooting:
- Establish monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and address performance issues.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts and provide solutions for complex technical challenges.
- Cloud Architecture and Strategy:
- Proficiency in developing and communicating cloud architecture strategies aligned with organizational objectives.
- Expertise in designing and implementing robust, scalable, and secure cloud solutions.
- Ability to lead architectural initiatives and provide technical guidance.
- DevSecOps and Automation:
- Knowledge of DevSecOps principles and practices.
- Experience in infrastructure automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools and practices.
- Ability to design and implement automation and tooling to deploy and manage applications efficiently.
- Security and Compliance:
- Strong understanding of cloud security measures and best practices.
- Experience in implementing security controls in regulated environments.
- Familiarity with industry regulations such as PCI, GovCloud, or FedRamp.
- Ability to enforce compliance with internal security policies and industry standards.
- Performance Monitoring and Troubleshooting:
- Ability to establish and manage monitoring and alerting systems for cloud infrastructure.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues across various platforms and application domains.
- Experience in maintaining and deploying systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring.
- Leadership and Collaboration:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide technical guidance and mentorship.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including software developers, system engineers, and security experts.
- Experience in driving optimization efforts and ensuring cost-effectiveness, performance, and reliability of cloud infrastructure.
- Project and Resource Management:
- Experience in managing and implementing resiliency and scale plans aligning with product roadmaps.
- Ability to outline areas for improvement, remove bottlenecks, and reduce friction in processes.
- Skills in working on cross-functional teams and projects to deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Learning and Adaptability:
- Quick learner, able to become comfortable and familiar with internal systems, processes, and teams rapidly.
- Open to participating in orientation programs and integrating into the company culture and vision swiftly.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
· This role reports to our Director of Cloud Engineering in our R&D organization.
· The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through radical candor, kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
The base salary range for this full-time position is $140,000 - $197,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Where is the role located?
This role is based out of the HQ in Waltham, Massachusetts with flexibility for remote work.