Associate Customer Success Manager
The Elevator Pitch
Evolv is looking for an Associate Customer Success Manager who resides in the Midwest, Rockies or Pacific Region of the United States.
Customer success is vital to Evolv’s long-term mission and profitability. We will not be successful until our customers receive massive value from our service and continue to partner with us on a recurring basis. The Customer Success Manager team builds lasting relationships with our customers and ensures they derive maximum value from their investment.
As the ultimate advocate for your portfolio of accounts you will be a trusted advisor, partnering with our customers to establish proactive success plans that promote product adoption, overall customer satisfaction and ultimately subscription renewals. We’re a rapidly growing, fast-paced company with a strong mission and values. You’re a highly motivated individual who brings a passion for the customer, outstanding communication skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail to every task and encounter with your colleagues and our customers.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Participate in EvolvED, our new hire orientation, located at our HQ in Waltham, MA
- Participate in Evolv Technical Training at the Waltham headquarters as well as online courses for independent study and team-based peer support
- Get access to tools and applications, meet members of the customer success team and other members of the organization, and begin building relationships
- Build upon lessons from orientation, technical training, Evolv Academy (LMS) sessions, and team-based peer support
- Begin to work closely with colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Logistics, and Support to understand the background of any existing customers who will be part of your portfolio
- Begin meeting with and working day-to-day with important customers.
- Gain a deep-dive understanding of processes and customers via shadowing onsite and go-lives. Within 3 months you should have put the above information all together, gaining a strong understanding of our people, processes, tools and collected various resources available to do your job successfully.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Have developed the capability to provide training on Evolv products, demonstrating an understanding and basic proficiency.
- Have gained an understanding of organization and functions of the various teams within the Revenue Organization.
- Have developed strong relationships with teammates, Sales Executives, TSS, Marketing and other Evolv team members
- Be well-versed in Evolv's products and value proposition
- Have a solid grasp of the procedure for a successful new customer onboarding
- Capable of delivering Insights and operator training to new and existing customers with confidence
- You can conduct and write up a Voice of Customer (VoC) survey
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Be managing a large, low touch book of business. Have developed a deep understanding of Evolv products and be able to navigate basic system troubleshooting.
- Become a strong advocate for your customers within the organization, characterized by established and trust-based relationships.
- Have created a robust network of colleagues within our global organization. This network will be a valuable asset, enabling you to leverage collective expertise and support to ensure the success of our customers.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Working with CSMs to develop engagement strategies for delivering Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), product performance reviews, and providing impactful touchpoints throughout the entire customer journey
- Assist in developing, monitoring, and maintaining a Customer Engagement Cadence
- Onboarding, training, and driving adoption for a high volume of accounts to ensure satisfaction, successful product use, and customer retention.
- Becoming an expert in Evolv solutions and educate customers on the use and benefits of Evolv products and service
- Representing the voice of the customer to provide insights and improvement requests into the core product and marketing, sales, and services process.
- Proactively monitoring customer health and renewal risks such as poor adoption, customer support issues, product limitations and work with a cross-functional team to quickly address any issues.
- Understanding the customer decision making process and organization structure; updating and maintaining Evolv CRM system with relevant and current account details and contacts.
- Assisting with Voice of Customer surveys.
- Helping to drive customer references and case studies.
- Identifying expansion opportunities and partnering with sales to successfully close such opportunities.
- Achieving/exceeding target KPIs including but not limited to renewal %, system usage data, NPS, upsell %.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
Associate Customer Success Managers spend about 30-40% of their time traveling. The team also regularly meets virtually and infrequently in person to develop team strategy and learn together.
This role reports to the Manager of Customer Success (West). This role will be part of the Customer Experience team in the Revenue Organization. The team is distributed across the United States and we are in an exciting phase of growth and development with many exciting opportunities ahead.
Most of the team works remotely from home when they are not traveling and visiting with customers. The team's collective experience is phenomenal, from technical experts to business leaders with first-hand experience ensuring safety.
Where is the role located?
The location of this role is flexible but should be someone who resides in the Midwest, Rockies or Pacific Region, United States.
What is the salary range?
The salary range for this position is $75,000 – 90,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific hourly range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.